Hewes with F300!

triplec

20" saves ya about 25 lbs. I kinda like the 25". Will keep the bottom cowling out of the water when setting down. My Pathfinder could use a 25" for that very reason and not to mention it would fix the rigging hitting the transom if the jack plate is not full up when trimming up to load and unload. I would imagine that setup is going to run post 60 mph very easy.

geeviam , I think they are chumming the forum to get some idea what people are thinking . If it has a 25 inch shaft motor I would think it is more of a bay boat than flats boat . I believe all the flats boat where designed for short shaft motors and the pathfinder hulls (bay boats ) where designed for 25 inch shaft motors In the past . I’m thinking it may be a redesigned 21 hewes hull maybe a little larger than 21  with a lot of pathfinder influence on the lower hull design . Or maybe it isn’t the MBC plant and it’s someone’s Hewes that is hanging a 300 on the back . They have managed to get our attention . Joe R 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dabear said:

... Or maybe it isn’t the MBC plant and it’s someone’s Hewes that is hanging a 300 on the back ... 

Oh its the plant. They teased it up on the plant tour last week then ran up posts on their socials.  Which by the way if you haven't seen the Facebook plant tours they are interesting and well worth the watch. 

DC6D2ADD-59AF-411A-BB94-07EC92715A70.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lap it Up said:

Hoping for a running Pad!

Me too!

I THINK this is a flats boats top cap on a bay boat hull which is a cool idea.  Probably a little more deadrise to please the "MA soft ride" fans.  If it doesn't have a transom pocket, the jack plate and 25" shaft will be a good fit, to add some setback and still keep the prop down into cleaner water.  This looks like a great near-shore fishing platform that will ride nicely, and has plenty of casting deck space for fishing or bikini sun-bathing at the sand bar 😍.  And it will be very fast when some extra speed is needed!  😎

• Like 1