What boat do you miss most?

whichwaysup

I see a lot of folks who reference former boats that they regret selling.   Figured I might fire up the forum a bit and maybe we could even hear from you (ahem) lurkers out there!   

So, of all the boats you've owned and sold, which one do you regret selling the most?

For me, it was my first "real" flats boat - a blue 18' tunnel hull Wagner.   Absolutely loved the thing, even though it leaked like a sieve, would turn when it was on plan (prop blow out), and I had no idea how to own and maintain a boat that nice.    I bought it a year before I got transferred out of Tampa and brought it up to the mountains in VA.   Couldn't keep it at the house and finally sold it to a buddy back in FL.   He was a meticulous guy and fixed everything about it.   Dry as a bone, re-powered it and cupped the prop, installed a jackplate, and equipped it well.    It wasn't as good a boat as my MAs, but I often wonder whatever happened to that boat.   I think there were only 4 ever made - it was apparently an "Eagle" hull or something.     

If there was a second boat I regret selling it was my first MA - the '87.   But still wouldn't trade my current MA for either of them.   

What's yours?

20200609_090217.jpg

Edited by whichwaysup

Really my last 2 boats (SCB Stingray and Simmons Revolution 25) I think I was/am an idiot for selling even though I know it was the right decision. 

I ended up picking up another Stingray that needs work (2nd photo) but will be redoing everything. Should pocket a chunk downsizing and will put that towards future investments (hence the knowing its the right decision but also being called an idiot by all my friends). 

09A414A4-29F0-4C9D-B16F-9AC6282072AA.JPG

IMG_4139.JPG

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nag Juice said:

I really liked the 24 Tournament. It had a few issues but in hindsight it was a decent rig and I miss having it and it’s capabilities. Ideally, I’d have it and my current skiff.

CC8146B8-3274-4EC7-8E3E-09372AD0F4FE.jpeg

Yeah, that would pretty much be the combination right there.   Hell's Bay/HPX and a 24 Pathy.      Looks like you are having a ball on that HB, though.   Enjoy seeing you out there on it!

I miss DonH's 2001 HPX-T the most

We ran skinny skinnny skinnny.....took a nice chop in the back of 10K's....he had it rigged great....little two smoker that never failed us.....

Boy, I do miss her !!!!

I didn't have to pay for maintence

Don Drove me to the ramp

i got to drive his boat all over whitewater bay and the 10k's and run aground alot

I just paid for gas for the boat, ramp, and my shreeemp

I sure do miss that princess Don :)

DC

15’ Whaler Super Sport , with a 90 .

Back in the day , with no idle zones , in the ICW , I would follow sportfishers all up and down the waterways just jumping across their waves for miles .

Paid 9k for it new in 86 and sold it in 03 for 8.5k .

Many great memories on Da Hammer !

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

360DB8A5-1FEB-4564-AF8A-47905A20B8C6.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Back in the day , with no idle zones , in the ICW , I would follow sportfishers all up and down the waterways just jumping across their waves for miles .

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

Know the feeling. I will never find one like this again. Garage kept, covered and less then 50 originals hours when I bought it 3 years ago. I would have put it up against any whaler in the country, not a scratch on it.

FFE9DFFE-3723-454C-9BA0-D6792C17E709.jpeg

• Like 1

1997 16' Hewes Bayfisher we sold back in 2011.  We were pregnant with our first child and it was time to upgrade to a larger boat with a better seating arrangement for the growing family.  We bought a 22 Pathfinder and it has been great, but with Me, Wife and 4 children now, it is starting to get tight and we are starting to look for the next step up.  That is what has me excited about the 2700.

I loved the simplicity of the Bayfisher. The economical gas usage. The fact it was 16' but with the hull design I never felt like we would take too much over the bow in rougher seas.  I liked the ease of trailing and storing in a typical garage.  We were able to get 5 people on it and still get on plane when going to the sandbar for the day.  And most imporatntly, I loved the nostalgic look of the lapstrake sides.  

DSCN1639.JPG

5 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

No other 15' boat rides like a Dougherty "smirk" whaler!  I have owned 3 (1979 Sport, 1983 SS and 1993 Sport GLS)  I wish i had pics of my GLS with the 110 OMC.  The boat ran 60 + and was a real handful! 

whaler.png

whaler2.png

• Like 2

Bought her as a project. Restored her run her sold her bought her back! Now she needs a freshen up. I pulled the hull out to take picks last month. The intent was to sell her. I ended up pushing her back into the corner of the barn. 
  1980 15 foot whaler. 

edit: I would trade the whaler hull for a lappy hull if anyone sees one laying around 

F62F1EF0-1860-4E8E-A204-6D2690C993FC.jpeg

• Like 1

Easy!! My '98 Bonefisher. Bought a 22' Pathfinder which I thought would "be the one", however I would have bought back my Bonefisher from the guy I sold it to for $2,000 more than he gave me. Still think about what a doof I was to sell it, but the wife was on me big time for having four boats! Sometimes "ya gotta know when to fold 'em!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1