pontoon boats

flatsdoctor

• 1 month later...

You will love it up there.  We go to Hiawassee, GA every year and stay on Lake Chatuge during the North GA Mountain Eggfest (In May) at the North GA Mountain Fairgrounds.  Awesome place (fairgrounds and campground).  If you like to camp, that's a great place.  It's out on a little island.  Lot of activities at the fairgrounds.  Close to Nottely and Lake Burton (Saban's Lake Home).  

Have several friends with Toons.  A couple have Tri-Toons with 300s +.  One cruises at 50.  The other can top out around 65.  Great platforms for about everything.  

When we had a camper at Kissimmee, the Older  residents traded in their bassers for Toons to crappie fish.  What a great way to chase Crappie.  We had to run from Tiger Lake to the big lake and one of the old times got tired of the long run in a pontoon with a smaller engine so he went Deck boat and hated it because it wasn't as comfortable but it got there quicker.  Those old guys would love the newer tri-toons.  Best of both worlds.  

On 8/27/2020 at 8:24 AM, Kos said:

Blue Ridge is midway between Lake Nottely and Carter's Lake in North Georgia. Both are great striper lakes if you decide to find some big fish.

What other type of fishing could one do in those lakes?  We had a friend that lived in Cartersville many moons ago that said the LM and SM fishing was good in the N GA Lakes but my Dad went up there with him and they didn't do well.  I think they went to Nottely and Chatuge.  The lakes look deep and clear with lots of rock and tree structure.  We've spent time around Chatuge and never see many people that look like they are bass fishing.  Have seen some boats trolling around which might indicate Striper or Walleye.  

On 8/31/2020 at 1:35 PM, rubble said:

What other type of fishing could one do in those lakes?  We had a friend that lived in Cartersville many moons ago that said the LM and SM fishing was good in the N GA Lakes but my Dad went up there with him and they didn't do well.  I think they went to Nottely and Chatuge.  The lakes look deep and clear with lots of rock and tree structure.  We've spent time around Chatuge and never see many people that look like they are bass fishing.  Have seen some boats trolling around which might indicate Striper or Walleye.  

I've never fished those North Georgia lakes for anything but striped bass, so I can't really comment on those fisheries. If I'm going to trailer up there to fish, it'll be for the stripers.

We have a tri-toon in the family and love it. I never thought I would see myself on one but now I love it. Just got back from scalloping and it was like scalloping out of my living room. Ran 18 miles each day in the Gulf. Tri-toons handle a chop really well. I've also fished for snapper out of it on some wrecks in Tampa Bay.

My wife doesn't want to be on my flats boat anymore, spoiled.