The Holy Ghost's New Ride Is Ready

Wanaflatsfish

15 hours ago, Big Dave said:

Dino, what kind of tires they putting on it?

Rainer steel belted radials...

I am not familiar with them...but, I would assume they are good....???

I have a set of GY Edurance on my EZ Loader which I'm swapping over today....I will keep these as a good set of back ups.

I have an extra set for my EZ loader..

dc

3 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Almost ready to put her on the trailer......picking up the trailer in St. Cloud

at-1.thumb.jpg.a09dd6c700ec8b17a8459eeef65a66e8.jpgat-1-2.thumb.jpg.87372a01ed558fa1b8e93ca7694b5b4c.jpg

Nice Trailer DINO! 

A good upgrade would be removing the carpet from the wheel well.  It causes unnecessary saltwater retention and drips right on that brand new steel torsion axle and hubs.  I've seen a lot of guys replace it with black starboard.  Just a suggestion.  Ameritrail is sure pretty but their weak point is still using a steel axle.   

4 hours ago, Lap it Up said:

Ameritrail is sure pretty but their weak point is still using a steel axle.   

Yes, but it comes with the VORTEX hubs, 100K mile guarantee....

I"m gona baby this one....so, I'll be sure to be carrying a sprayer of salt off to remove any salt...

I'm gona paint the galv. steel as well....

dc

3 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

Congrats Dino - I'm jealous!   Can you get any additional pics of that bunk set up - where the braces are on the longer inner bunks?   I hadn't thought about extending my centering bunks all the way along like that, but it's an interesting concept.

Yes, I will...give me a bit of time....i'll be working on it.

dc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very Nice, should make the launching at Choko a breeze. One thing I did that has helped is when I replaced my axles, before they ever touched water I cleaned with lacquer thinner and painted the torsion arms with gray rustoleum. After all dried for 24 hours I spayed just the spindle nuts on the back side with CRC Rust Inhibitor. It has really made a big difference. The torsion arms still look great. I also replaced the carpet on the backs of the fenders  with starboard to stop the water from dripping on the brakes, but you do not seem to have to worry about that.The wood there on mine was in really poor shape. Again.....Very Nice!!!

• Like 1

The carpet inside of my Ameratrail fenders has lasted almost 10 years. I make sure to spray them off after each launch & load so I can avoid what Lap it Up described above. However, the starboard idea is easier when it comes time to replace so once my fender carpets wear out completely then it makes sense to change over. 

I’ve heard mixed reviews on the aluminum axles. Was thinking about switching over the last time I replaced my axle but went back with galvanized. I once met a guy I stopped to help on side of road heading into Flamingo that had a Rolls trailer under his Hewes. (beautiful trailer, btw) Whatever pothole he ran over in Florida City bent his aluminum axle really bad and caused one of his fancy hubs to fail. He had to wait for a flatbed to tow the rig home. 

Anyone here have long term (10+ yrs) experience with an aluminum axle on their trailer? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Dave said:

Looked for you yesterday--dodged some bad storms, both of us had slams by 11:00 a.m.   Short day (for us!)--back to the dock just before 3:00 pm.

Was fiddling with the transfer from the EZLoader...

Sold it yesterday to a nice guy in Hobe Sound...he got a good deal, I got a fair price...he got two new tires, new axle, new winch, new heavy duty jack stand, new centring bunks, new LED's, pole lights... etc.

He had lots of boating experience so he'll get it back in perfect shape....he doesn't run as far we do....it was for a Back Country 17, so it should be perfect for him.

Congrats on the day's fishing...

DC

20 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

0de29535-4998-434c-b66c-7a2d5eaca752.thumb.JPG.0b12a4a0a41c126edcc06b5ede477e6b.JPG

On the new sled.....

THANK YOU CONOCEAN !!!! YOU WERE 100% CORRECT !!!

DC

That’s one good looking rig. How about Sharkhide on the sled hauler. Hear it’s good stuff. Thinking of using it on the t top. Congrats use it well and stay safe. 😀🙏 fin

On 7/10/2020 at 8:51 AM, whichwaysup said:

Congrats Dino - I'm jealous!   Can you get any additional pics of that bunk set up - where the braces are on the longer inner bunks?   I hadn't thought about extending my centering bunks all the way along like that, but it's an interesting concept.

Pics for you...hope tis helps..if you need something more specific let me know.

IMG_7135.thumb.jpg.5386633d1d73b139b9efbd33bc3b0b59.jpgIMG_7132.thumb.jpg.ba2f4d883a4cde666a9e0dbcdabad0b2.jpgIMG_7133.thumb.jpg.e5bbe858b9aa9e4096b0ab29252d0d13.jpgIMG_7134.thumb.jpg.0c02c5a14f8e90f2904d79215994ce93.jpg