The Holy Ghost's New Ride Is Ready

Wanaflatsfish

On 7/11/2020 at 6:36 AM, conocean said:

Anyone here have long term (10+ yrs) experience with an aluminum axle on their trailer?

I had a 2004 Rolls under my 18 RF.  I sold the boat a couple years ago to a forum member (i dont think he logs on much).  That trailer was the best trailer i have ever owned.  I never had a single issue with their lifetime spring system or axle.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2020 at 12:30 PM, Wanaflatsfish said:

I"m gona baby this one....so, I'll be sure to be carrying a sprayer of salt off to remove any salt..

A lot of people use a gallon pump sprayer. I used an old simple green bottle. Was much smaller and easier to carry. Put a little salt away and the rest water. Any of the spray bottles from hardware store would work. Little more work to apply but carrying easier. 

final touches and she's ready to fish.....

Took my GY Enduras and cleaned the galv. rims, acid washed, sanded and primed....spray painted with engine black enamel (all rustoleelm)

changed out the tires....

she's ready to go..sits great....rides well behind the F150

I'll carry the oriiginal Rainers as spares.....can never have too many spare tires ;)

tire.thumb.jpg.c434a2ce84db6eaa76e808c8af7227ba.jpgtires.thumb.jpg.e842431a8302403d90b8a68ad9d5c8f0.jpg

on_rim.thumb.jpg.6fe5cf282daf0a69847bd6fcfe2ee5bd.jpg

sprayed the galv torsion 

Igalv4.thumb.jpg.8aceaa36f2ba15d42b2ca74b2f0acf02.jpg

greased the bolts...

Now she is ready to go.....

The tires are 215/75/14 which are slightly wider  then the 205's...but, I ran her hard today over bumps etc and no scuffing on the guide board.

ready.thumb.jpg.7ab41f0ca6691a2c5000e02ffc1cf8b7.jpg

• Like 3