New shoes for the tow vehicle

whichwaysup

On 8/18/2020 at 3:26 PM, bernieNC said:

If you do a deep dive into the tire specs it should tell you the rim size(s) it will fit.

1 hour ago, bernieNC said:

He might should compare the “dinky” spec size tire to what he is looking at. Looks like he is jumping a couple sizes from the spec size. Just a thought.

I've been running 285/70 R17s for as long as I've owned the truck, so Racer's comparison is actually what I'm looking for.  I have a chance to get 305's or the recommended 265's at a pretty good price, but they are bigger than I'm running now.   Can't get a decent price on 285's at the moment.   So . . . 

I'd rather go with the 305's, but need to know they won't rub (due to the extra inch of width) and I need to make sure they will fit on the current rim.   Where would I find the specs on my rim size?  Width may be the issue on the 305's.   

It appears that rims are OEM, and I've seen several indicators that the 305s will fit stock rims, but I suspect tire model may vary in whether it will fit (not sure, this is not my area of expertise).   

16 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

I've been running 285/70 R17s for as long as I've owned the truck, so Racer's comparison is actually what I'm looking for.  I have a chance to get 305's or the recommended 265's at a pretty good price, but they are bigger than I'm running now.   Can't get a decent price on 285's at the moment.   So . . . 

I'd rather go with the 305's, but need to know they won't rub (due to the extra inch of width) and I need to make sure they will fit on the current rim.   Where would I find the specs on my rim size?  Width may be the issue on the 305's.   

It appears that rims are OEM, and I've seen several indicators that the 305s will fit stock rims, but I suspect tire model may vary in whether it will fit (not sure, this is not my area of expertise).

Your rims, if stock, should be 7.5 inches wide.

Suggestion.  Why not call customer service at tire rack.com and talk to them about what you are trying to do. They can be a wealth of info. I have never bought from them but I have picked their brain.  If there is an honest (stress on honest) tire shop in Wilmington they should be able to be able the tell you what will work. Personally I get my tires from a family tire business in Swansboro. I’m more of a “stock guy” in my current days but I do have flash backs from time to time about my good old CJ 5 with it’s headers, 6” lift and 36” mud stompers.

• Like 1