Tackle Sites ALL SOLD OUT - ??? No way to find 9mm rounds

Wanaflatsfish

Berkly  site - gulp

DOA

Tackledirect

Zman

Basspro site crashing ???

I'm a proponent for local tackle stores; however, it seems like many are sold out....

Tried to buy some Suffix line 832, could not find what I was looking for on 3 different sites...

Popular colors and sizes of lures seem to be sold out......it looks like we are going into another hording situation, much like 9mm rounds....I used to shoot 1,000 plus a month, but, now you can't find any 9mm for less than $600-700 / 1K....at that price, I'm not shooting competition any longer until prices come down....

Just an observation....others finding the same...???

dc

Yes, local availability seems sporadic at best.  Ammo prices and supply have gotten over the edge.  Believe reactions to Covid 19, the election, on-going violent demonstrations, protests and speculation on reactions to the upcoming election results are driving high demand on Ammo.  I understand there is a manufacturing shortage of key munitions components, specifically primers, as well.

Fishing tackle demand is at all time time high - suppliers not keeping up because cannot accurately forecast demand.

10 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Berkly  site - gulp

DOA

Tackledirect

Zman

Basspro site crashing ???

I'm a proponent for local tackle stores; however, it seems like many are sold out....

Tried to buy some Suffix line 832, could not find what I was looking for on 3 different sites...

Popular colors and sizes of lures seem to be sold out......it looks like we are going into another hording situation, much like 9mm rounds....I used to shoot 1,000 plus a month, but, now you can't find any 9mm for less than $600-700 / 1K....at that price, I'm not shooting competition any longer until prices come down....

Just an observation....others finding the same...???

dc

Agree, been trying to source out some 9’s, no luck but was able to find 40’s for the sons XD. 

1 hour ago, Big Dave said:

Or start re-loading rounds.  

last I heard the ranges will not allow you to shoot re-loads (Shoot Straight)....I will recheck.

Just holding off for a while....I have about 2K rounds in house that I'm holding...I will be shooting about once a month till the ammo gets back to a reasonable price....crazy to pay $.70 / round.....

dc

Bird shot not bad but don't try finding buckshot or slugs at a decent price.

West marine, the gun shops and tackle stores all look like they have been looted around here.

Went to the range 2 weeks ago and you could only buy ammo with range time. Limit 50 for 9mm.

Shot up some old stuff I brought and took the new box home. Cost me 50 bucks for that little session.😳

They also said no silhouette in Black targets and told me they only have Blue like the one I shot. I am not even sure it sunk in until I got home but I surely did not like the thoughts going in my head.🤔

From the hip not pointed and aimed at 7 yards. Good enough for me as if I'm in a hurry and defending myself I can do OK from belly button height instead of full draw. Little LC9 as my pocket gun cause I don't like un-holstered guns in my pocket without a safety and I carry it like that a lot when wearing fishing shorts. Muscle memory has the safety off before I even get on target.

Next time I'm just gonna bring a 100 dollar bill and shoot it up for a target.

Gonna be a while before I hit the range again for a variety of reasons.

QZ21V3t.jpg

• Like 1

Me and my son went to Gator Jim's tackle down by the skyway Sunday and they had a nice selection of stuff with the shelves and peg boards full. We got some hooks, lures and a new reel.

I went to the range yesterday in Dade city and there was a guy telling us that gun stores had blazer CCI 9 mm anywhere from $11/box to $40/ box at different stores. He says the ones with the cheaper prices sell out in less than 2 hours after they are put on the sales floor. I tried to coerce him to telling the  store that had them for $11/box and he just smirked. He is probably the one that bought them all when they put them out! LOL

15 hours ago, polliwog said:

Has the same thing happened to shot gun shells?  Haven't bgt any in a long while.

Bird shot is expensive compared to “normal”. But saw a bunch at walmart. Like stated I didnt see many buck shot or slugs in stock, but did see a few cases at Gander RV in Ft. pierce last week. Dont know if they are still there. 

1 hour ago, fin-addict said:

Sorry guys but doing away with black targets is absurd. Just carrying things way too far if I’m reading Troy correctly. Shooting at a BLUE target any better if you get my drift. JMO , fin 😀🙏  

Wonder what will become of HOGANS ALLEY practicing, LOL.

The target thing didn't settle in until I left the Range. I guess my mind doesn't work like that. "starting to though"😏

That said, this is a privately owned small gun shop and range. I have bought several guns there over the years and shoot there a bit cause it's small and seldom crowded.

I have been twice since the nonsense got really fired up. It was a little concerning watching the people in the place. Some poor practices in regards to safety for sure. Obvious newbies to firearms. Range officer had to remove a few of them. The ammo thing is really just a supply and demand thing like toilet paper. The thing I fear is the costs may relax some but we will never see ammo costs get back to where they were. I know of people that own just one firearm and never practice that are sitting on 1000 plus rounds. I suppose they don't understand that paying 1 buck a round isn't a bargain but low and behold if they won't buy more when they can find it. I can't even figure out what their gonna do with it.

In the mean time the ammo dealers are making one heck of a profit. I don't believe any component of a bullet has gone up 300% in a year.

• Like 1