MBG acquired by Malibu Boat Group

Tails Up

A $150m price tag.

History shows acquisitions in marine industry bring changes. Price increases, new management at the production level, a drop in quality and elimination of sluggish sellers. Hold on to your rigs boys they gonna rise in value over time. Assembly line boats never have the quality of the original owners. I've seen many comments from owners all over boat groups that MBG has gone down the crapper.

i hope I'm wrong but history of acquisitions shows otherwise. Maybe Skip will jump in and share his birds eye perspective.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, blewbyu said:

A $150m price tag.

History shows acquisitions in marine industry bring changes. Price increases, new management at the production level, a drop in quality and elimination of sluggish sellers. Hold on to your rigs boys they gonna rise in value over time. Assembly line boats never have the quality of the original owners. I've seen many comments from owners all over boat groups that MBG has gone down the crapper.

i hope I'm wrong but history of acquisitions shows otherwise. Maybe Skip will jump in and share his birds eye perspective.

Hope you are wrong... But you are probably right. Especially a ski boat manufacture...

30 minutes ago, blewbyu said:

've seen many comments from owners all over boat groups that MBG has gone down the crapper.

Where is that from ???  If anything, I"ve seen an improvement in many areas....find another company that stands behind a warranty like MBG.

I"ve been a MHP owner for over 17 years and have found them to yes, need upgrades from the old days of fit and finish...but, all of this has dramatically improved...with a BASS boat and ski crowd owning MGB, I can't wait to see my first HPX with sparkles in the hull :)

dc

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NCTribute said:

Interesting that Cobia was not mentioned in the press releases,

Its there.  

• Enhances Malibu’s breadth of saltwater outboard offerings with four strong brands
  • With two manufacturing facilities located in Fort Pierce, Florida, Maverick designs and manufactures the Cobia, Pathfinder, Maverick, and Hewes brands.

My bad. I bought my first new MBG product in 20 years this week and this is what happens. On the bright side, Malibu has been building nice (and expensive) ski boats for years. We owned an old one, it was a tank. Hopefully they let the saltwater division run independently and not lose that heritage and experience.

1 minute ago, fin-addict said:

Blew my mind 🤯. Just read it on a FB Pathy forum. Feel the QC needs a bit of tweaking the last few years as many new buyers were having issues. Malibu also makes Tiara, one of my favorite boats including quality. Hope Skip remains, great asset to the and US. My Pathy is going nowhere. 😀👍🙏fin.

9 minutes ago, DonV said:

Could have been Bayliner Boats :)  :)

Let's face it MBC knows the "buy low, sell high" system works in all businesses, not just the market!

Hey, watch it pal.   A Bayliner and a Force engine is a combination that simply can't be beaten . . .

. . . to the bottom of the ocean. . . . 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, finbully said:

Come on man my first boat was a Larson with Force power!!!😍 I was in heaven!!!

My buddy's first boat was a (Bayliner) Trophy and a Force engine.    We spent a LOT of time vertical jigging off of that thing . . because we had no other choice while waiting for SeaTow.   I learned a lot from his mistake about doing some research before buying a brand.    

• Like 2
  • Haha 1