The future of MBG...

Pathfinder0883

5 hours ago, Pathfinder0883 said:

You know Captain, in reality it's the direction of this country in general. People just don't feel accountable anymore, especially to each other. Heck man, I will take our 1980's and 1990's easily over this shute. MBG, Yellowfin, Contender or whatever, are ran by the same people that grew up in the same self-centered American culture of *** every drop of blood from everything to benefit me.. Me... Me... . Honestly, I'm kind of done with it.  The less people and problems that I have to address, the better. This is a totally different country than it was even 10 years ago.

I agree completely, the greed and the tribalisim that is taking place is ripping this country apart, its all me, me, me!! Long gone are the days of handshakes and a man's word, now its lawyers and video's. The even sadder part is kids growing up today think this is normal which will only perpetuate the problem in the future.

But thats a whole other subject! 

• Like 2

On 5/7/2021 at 6:09 AM, MuddyBottomBluz said:

I agree completely, the greed and the tribalisim that is taking place is ripping this country apart, its all me, me, me!! Long gone are the days of handshakes and a man's word, now its lawyers and video's. The even sadder part is kids growing up today think this is normal which will only perpetuate the problem in the future.

But thats a whole other subject! 

Yup.  The reality is that most of us have been smacked in the face with enormous changes to "life as we knew it" over the past 18 months.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pathfinder0883 said:

You know Captain, in reality it's the direction of this country in general. People just don't feel accountable anymore, especially to each other. Heck man, I will take our 1980's and 1990's easily over this shute. MBG, Yellowfin, Contender or whatever, are ran by the same people that grew up in the same self-centered American culture of *** every drop of blood from everything to benefit me.. Me... Me... . Honestly, I'm kind of done with it.  The less people and problems that I have to address, the better. This is a totally different country than it was even 10 years ago.

I am a free market guy, so all of you are right.. MBG has a right to have a FU attitude.. They own the company. Me... I'm want out of the shute and at 62, I am almost there.

I never said you or I are supposed to like it cause I don't either.

My way out is to try and hold myself accountable. And by doing so take care of most issues myself if at all possible.

Trying to get anything done seems to turn into a bad experience due to the problems you speak of. And to make it worse everything has gotten so expensive. Pay more get less is the theme these days.

I will disagree about all of the folks being self centered, though many are. Might want to read up on the Morris/Deal report as you will see that some  of the owners of big companies are not entirely about Me me me!

MBG survived the crash and many others did not. They did not take the easy way out like a lot of builders. Opened a refurbish shop to try to keep employees instead of locking the doors.

Lets see how the new ownership survives the down turn when it comes.

That will show who had the better business model!

• Like 4

Take a step back and think about what you are really buying when you buy a MHP product or any other boat.   ALL YOU ARE BUYING IS A HULL DESIGN !!!

LET'S BEGIN from the bow....

hatches - manufacturer

hinges - most likely gemlux

console - manufacture mold - but, you can get another made like it

doors - don't know, most likely boat outfitters

binnacle, gauges, starter key - yahama

Hydraulic steering - Uflex or seastar 

rod holders - signature marine

push pole holders - various depending on what you want

fuel tank - tnt marine

sender unit on the tank - moeller or others

wiring - anchor marine

bus - blue seas

switches and fuses - blue seas

bilge pump - rule or sureflow

powerpole - powerpole

batteries - interstate or deka

trolling motor - minkotta

trim tabs - bennett or lenco

jackplate - atlas or used to be bob's

engine - yamaha

prop - power tech or yamaha

trailer - ameratrail 

I know i missed some stuff - but, the only think you are really buying is the hull.....enough said ?  You really don't need the factory except for a hull repair and even then, the gelcoat is made by Minecraft or others....the only thing MHP offers is a Hull and warranty....everything else is outsourced.

my $.02

dc

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

ALL YOU ARE BUYING IS A HULL DESIGN

I have been thinking the same thing Dino.  I cant think of anything "MBG" designed or made besides actual glass.  Everything else is sourced, including all the metal work.  I couldn't see myself calling the factory or dealer for anything unless my boat was under warranty and someone stole the console and all the hatches?? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

Excellent point, and this should be the end of discussion on this topic. Nothing else to see here.....

I'm not buying anything at this point... That is the point. I don't have to own anything.  I have bought many boat parts over the years for the 11 boats that I have owned. I like buying a nice quality boat, refurbishing, using 2-3 years and starting over. I like boats and it's something I enjoy. I usually break about even and the first person that looks at my boat has always bought the boat.

Sandy Sorite has made several sets of cushions for me and all were fabulous. Taco is the best after market company for sure. Gemlux here where I live makes a fabulous product. However, for cars and boats I like using something close to a factory product and in the past this has worked out well. 

I have reached the conclusion that the less I own, the better off that I am. I have had 5 BMW's. 2 M6's, M, 330i, 2 650's. I drive a 2007 Toyota Tundra with 250,000 miles now.

I am not going to be totally responsible for every aspect of every thing I own anymore. Begging people for help, not getting parts. I own less, the less of these AHs that I have to deal with the better. Xfinity and ATT is more than enough.

10 hours ago, Pathfinder0883 said:

I'm not buying anything at this point... That is the point. I don't have to own anything.  I have bought many boat parts over the years for the 11 boats that I have owned. I like buying a nice quality boat, refurbishing, using 2-3 years and starting over. I like boats and it's something I enjoy. I usually break about even and the first person that looks at my boat has always bought the boat.

Sandy Sorite has made several sets of cushions for me and all were fabulous. Taco is the best after market company for sure. Gemlux here where I live makes a fabulous product. However, for cars and boats I like using something close to a factory product and in the past this has worked out well. 

I have reached the conclusion that the less I own, the better off that I am. I have had 5 BMW's. 2 M6's, M, 330i, 2 650's. I drive a 2007 Toyota Tundra with 250,000 miles now.

I am not going to be totally responsible for every aspect of every thing I own anymore. Begging people for help, not getting parts. I own less, the less of these AHs that I have to deal with the better. Xfinity and ATT is more than enough.

HUH?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HoneyB said:

🤷‍♂️

I'm with the honey badger on this topic and have no idea what he posted.

The Honey badger don't give a ##### and this topic is getting off the topic of which I didn't get to start with.

I also called corporate Ford today about my auto stop start switch cause my dealer said I shouldn't have bought the truck with that feature if I didn't like it.🤔

If Old man Skip Ford don't call me back tomorrow I will never have another one.

13 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

HUH?

The point is that I would like to be a able to go to the manufacturer and buy what I need or something similar  If they don't sell you the part then you are stuck, whether it's a 1996 or 2016 model boat. Trying to buy retro-fit parts for every aspect of a boat is dysfunctional and a losing cause. I know where to buy boat parts, but trying to retro-fit generic boat parts is like a dog chasing it's tail. I am not going to so that. Most look like shute.

I would rather not even get involved at all. That was the point.

Anyway, this is my last post on this topic, this thread seems to be headed in a bad direction and that was never my goal.

I do find it very disappointing that you can't buy parts from MBG or their dealers.

I get where some are coming from and I get where you are coming from. I don’t like how the dealer approached it with their response. Fine that’s great they want to do that it’s their company but it be sure nice if they could give you a little helping hand as to who you could get the part from. Someone on the thread mentioned Ray ...I remember Ray from parts, he was a great guy. When I could not get an anodized tower for my RF from Maverick he was happy to direct me to TNT boat works who made that particular tower. I went to the plant in Fort Pierce and picked one up for $600. He did that for me on more than one occasion. That’s what I will miss. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, imsnookyrd said:

Try to re-build any classic Ford, Chevy, etc and I guarantee you will not get anything from the manufacturer.  That is why God invented after market suppliers.  Get over it.

Who made you the definitive and final word on matters. Stop with the "GET OVER IT" , this is America, and I still believe people can express their opinions without others trying to shut them down.  

• Like 2

I have no idea whether things are better or worse today than they were "back when."

I do know that in my 50+ years on the planet at every point in time people have bemoaned today and yearned for yesterday - it's human nature.

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes, from of all people Jack LaLane (Google him, millennials)... "People talk about the 'good old days' - bul%$#@. The good old days are right this second."

• Like 1

Ladies(?) and Gents - 

Maybe it's time to let this thread die.   When the OP originally posted it, I was under the impression that MBG had changed their direction and that this was "news" - then it became increasingly evident that the OP has an ax to grind.   The first clue should have been the fact that this thread showed up in about 4 different places, a low post count, and now an ongoing stirring of the pot.  Frankly I wish I'd realized it before my own response.   

In any case, this forum is usually a pleasant, helpful, constructive source of accurate information.  The OP has successfully used this thread to stir things up.   I won't guess at his/her actual intent, but I'd love to see the Mods kill the other 3 threads on this topic, and, unless any of you feel this thread is adding any value, let it die a quiet death.

Then, let's get back to helping each other enjoy the boats that we've invested so much time, money, and mindshare into.   

Just my $.02 and probably worth less.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whichwaysup said:

Ladies(?) and Gents - 

Maybe it's time to let this thread die.   When the OP originally posted it, I was under the impression that MBG had changed their direction and that this was "news" - then it became increasingly evident that the OP has an ax to grind.   The first clue should have been the fact that this thread showed up in about 4 different places, a low post count, and now an ongoing stirring of the pot.  Frankly I wish I'd realized it before my own response.   

In any case, this forum is usually a pleasant, helpful, constructive source of accurate information.  The OP has successfully used this thread to stir things up.   I won't guess at his/her actual intent, but I'd love to see the Mods kill the other 3 threads on this topic, and, unless any of you feel this thread is adding any value, let it die a quiet death.

Then, let's get back to helping each other enjoy the boats that we've invested so much time, money, and mindshare into.   

Just my $.02 and probably worth less.

No axe to grind. I just find it BS that a boat manufacturer or anyone else will not sell parts to a person who owns a boat made by that company when the parts will fit. No axe to grind. In reality, I really don't give a shute. That is MBC's problem and the people who own their products. I unfortunately own a old Maverick... Big mistake that was, but it was my mistake. From reading many of these posts, this country has a very dark future.

3 hours ago, Coto said:

Who made you the definitive and final word on matters. Stop with the "GET OVER IT" , this is America, and I still believe people can express their opinions without others trying to shut them down.  

Funny... arent you doing the same thing your accusing of??

Dead issue MBG gonna do what they do... or maybe some think we should take to the streets in protest, maybe yall can make a difference and force them to provide parts LMAO