18 HPX V / Yamaha F115 Performance?

hawg

1 hour ago, hawg said:

Do any of you guys running this combination have any numbers for this rig? I'm looking mainly for top speed/mileage and cruise speed/mileage. Thanks.

That’s a loaded question because of many factors , weight in the boat , how the weight is distributed in the boat , driving style , owners prop preferences . In a well balanced boat with a 19 - 21 pitch prop with approximately 15 gallons of fuel ,two people ,a trolling motor and three batteries a 18 HPX with a 115SHO you will see 49-53 MPH WOT trimmed out under most conditions with a good hole shot . A lot of owners like the following props with the 18 HPX 115 Yama combo  21 three blade Yamaha Pro series 3 blade , 19-21 Power Tech Pro 3 , Mercury Spitefire 18-21 , a OMC Raker with a Yamaha style hub -20-21 3 blade . I have ran all of these props with good results . Hope this answers your question . 

• Thanks 1

I was going to say Dabear would be the best person to reach out to - and he replied before I could post it!  Great answer, and spot-on as always Joe.  I looked for a Yamaha Performance Bulletin and couldn't find one for the HPX-V 18 with a F115.  Here's the closest one I could find, with gas mileage numbers, that would compare:

https://yamahaoutboards.com/en-us/home/outboards/v-max-sho/in-line-4/vf115/pb_hbb_marquesa_vf115_3-7-18_flt

5 hours ago, geeviam said:

I was going to say Dabear would be the best person to reach out to - and he replied before I could post it!  Great answer, and spot-on as always Joe.  I looked for a Yamaha Performance Bulletin and couldn't find one for the HPX-V 18 with a F115.  Here's the closest one I could find, with gas mileage numbers, that would compare:

https://yamahaoutboards.com/en-us/home/outboards/v-max-sho/in-line-4/vf115/pb_hbb_marquesa_vf115_3-7-18_flt

Maverick-18-HPX-F115TLR.pdfgeeviam , this is a old 18 HPX performance report with a 115 Yamaha not the SHO . It running over 53 with a pro series 21 Yamaha prop . 3 mph faster than the hells bay with a talon 20 prop . I think the SHO will do a little better that the F115 did . This bulletin is in the ball park . 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dabear said:

Maverick-18-HPX-F115TLR.pdfgeeviam , this is a old 18 HPX performance report with a 115 Yamaha not the SHO . It running over 53 with a pro series 21 Yamaha prop . 3 mph faster than the hells bay with a talon 20 prop . I think the SHO will do a little better that the F115 did . This bulletin is in the ball park . 

Cool that you still have that Joe!  That older F115 was 25 LBS heavier too.  And the Pro Series K-21 prop - gettin' it done as usual!

https://mbgforum.com/topic/14749-prop-suggestions-18hpxv-f-115-updated/

Here is a thread I started and my results with a 2012 18HPXV and standard F-115. I don't know what my MPG is but at the bottom of this thread is the numbers I experienced with a Yamaha Talon SS4 18p and a Mercury Spitfire 19p. After running it for a couple of months I am still sold on the Yamaha Talon SS4 18P, especially if you run with a load. I frequently run light and would really like to try a Yamaha Talon SS4 20pitch if anyone has a lead on one I could try. Can't seem to find anyone that demos one.

Re-read your post and since you're looking for top speed this is not the prop for you. If you're looking for grip and holeshot this prop is a winner.