Pathfinder 1810 Repower & Accessory Questions

RAMRAM

Team,

Ive had a 2000 Pathfinder 1810 in the fam since 2003. Looking to Repower with Suzuki 140. Any guidance on whether I should be putting a jackplate or is that too much weight. I’d also like to put a power pole as well. If the jackplate is too much weight how about just the power pole. 

Also, does anyone know where I can get some Pathinder Decals 2022 version? 

Thanks

CA601C4B-DC95-40C0-9FFC-A70C6C3F46E1.jpeg

The weight of  a power  pole can be simulated with sand bags or water jugs if you are concerned. 

The jack plate is harder to simulate because much of its impact is the setback of the motor. 

I would love to  see  some real world  numbers on the draft change with the jp setback using the same motor.

The 1810 was not "designed" for a JP; however, that said, if you feel you need it for your fishing style (they are great to idle in shallow water)..

I would go with the Bob's (check the weight diff vs ATLAS)......

For Powerpole...should not have much of an effect....again, move the Powerpole pump as far forward as possible....

I see you have a large Yeti in front of the console...this should allow you to have a good balance...

yes, move the starting battery to the console...

the key difference I see it that with a JP, you WILL NEED TO USE TABS a good bit of the time to prevent proposing...but, that's what they are there for ;)

Enjoy rigging the boat....it's part of the fun.

dc

10 hours ago, RAMRAM said:

HewesYourDaddy, that’s exactly the info I was looking for perfect. Thank you! May I ask what your performance numbers are with that setup. Wot and mpg? Also what prop you running and do you like it.

WOT I have seen 44mph with a half tank of gas, 2 persons at the helm, a cooler full of ice under the leaning post, and probably a live well full of water. Might be able to eek out another MPH or two if I changed props, but the tunnel hull requires me to run a very grippy prop so that I can turn without prop blowout. The tunnel hull is also much slower than the 1900V with similar power. I have no idea on MPG, but I can promise it gets very impressive fuel economy. Do I like it? Heck yes I like it! It's quiet, fuel efficient, reliable, runs a big impressive prop, etc...

• Thanks 1

Running a ‘99 1810-V repowered with a Yammie 175 SHO, with a Bob’s jackplate.  All 3 batteries are under the console.   No issues with my setup . . I really like it.  I’ll admit the draft at idle is slightly lower due to the additional 80lbs of the 4-stroke, compared to the old Yammie 150hp 2-stroke I used to have hanging on it.  

• Like 2

On 4/22/2022 at 6:40 PM, Cast nBlast said:

Running a ‘99 1810-V repowered with a Yammie 175 SHO, with a Bob’s jackplate.  All 3 batteries are under the console.   No issues with my setup . . I really like it.  I’ll admit the draft at idle is slightly lower due to the additional 80lbs of the 4-stroke, compared to the old Yammie 150hp 2-stroke I used to have hanging on it.  

Cast n Blast what’s the wot on that setup? Has to fly!

• Like 1

RamRam; the scuppers I believe are slightly above or maybe right at the waterline, but I’ve always kept those plugs in so it’s not been an issue for me.

I normally cruise at 4,000 rpm with a speed of 42 mph.  Running a Powertech TRO series 4 blade, 21p which is the same prop  I was running on my old 150 2-stroke.  With that prop I’m getting 56/57 mph at 5600 rpm, that’s with just me in the boat.  I do intend to try a Bravo 1 FS one of these days to maximize performance . . but dang those things are pricey!  Used to be about $750 pre-pandemic . . and now they run about $1,000!  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2022 at 2:28 PM, Cast nBlast said:

RamRam; the scuppers I believe are slightly above or maybe right at the waterline, but I’ve always kept those plugs in so it’s not been an issue for me.

I normally cruise at 4,000 rpm with a speed of 42 mph.  Running a Powertech TRO series 4 blade, 21p which is the same prop  I was running on my old 150 2-stroke.  With that prop I’m getting 56/57 mph at 5600 rpm, that’s with just me in the boat.  I do intend to try a Bravo 1 FS one of these days to maximize performance . . but dang those things are pricey!  Used to be about $750 pre-pandemic . . and now they run about $1,000!  

Well now you got me thinking maybe I should put a 175 Suzuki on it since the 150 is the same weight. Maybe scrap the power pole and keep the jackplate. At 511 pounds for the 175, I wonder if that would mess up the ride. The 175 sho is about 480 pounds so it’s a 30 pound difference. 

As mentioned, move the cranking battery to the console, and you will also lose the oil tank for the two stroke(every little bit helps). I had a 1900v for a while and tried running my TM batteries in the bow, which did nothing for the ride, but made bow steer hellish. I found locating the batteries in the console was the best of all worlds. Not sure what the set up is under your console, but you may want to make a tray or plate to handle the weight of all those batteries. I bought a piece of 1" Coosa Board from Boat Outfitters and finish cut it to fit in there, then laminated it with chopped mat and ploy resin. I did NOT tab it in, it was removeable with standard screws, as it allows access to wire runs etc. if necessary when out. 

Be sure to post up pictures when it's all buttoned up, I can't wait to see it!