Pathfinder 1810 Repower & Accessory Questions

RAMRAM

So got he back on the lift, still got 8 hrs of break-in left. I don’t know the prop right now but I will say I’m probably going to have they reprop it. Wot was 43.8 which was done by the installers with a different prop. They said the first prop was causing cavitation so they switched it to a high pitch but this might be pitched to high. I think this one is a little bit slower. The boat balance I was worrying about is a non issue. It’s a little lower in the back but it’s hard to tell and the water scuppers are above the waterline. Other than that I love this engine so far. Fires up immediately and is strong through the lower rpms. Jack plate is great for the river and pulling up to the beach spots. I added a jl audio 400 amp, new head unit and m6 6.5 speakers to my already 7.7s. The stereo system is ridiculously loud for that small boat.  All in all I got a new boat. Love it. When I pull it out of the water i’ll update on the exact prop. 

C200E0BD-171E-4D4D-B4A6-D733B13B5EA7.jpeg

RamRam, if you didn’t gather speed and rpm data on the last trip, make sure you note a few RPM/speed numbers thru the range of throttle settings. Make sure you know what the highest RPM number you reach at WOT and the speed (GPS calculated).  Call PowerTech and ask to speak to Marcus and tell him the boat, motor, and prop combo you have now and give home the data you collected.  He should be able to get you very close to the correct prop.  

• Like 1

Gotta start somewhere right? I’m thinking at 4,000 rpm your speed should be in the 35-38 mph range with the right prop.  

Not sure what your needs are, but here’s something to consider.  Since you now have a jackplate, running a 4-blade prop would allow you to take full advantage of the jackplate.  It will give you better shallow water capability . .  to be able to get that sled up on plane and stay on plane at low speeds with the jackplate raised.  Also it will have better grip and carry a load better.  A 3-blade tends to have a hard time gripping once you start raising that jackplate.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cast nBlast said:

Gotta start somewhere right? I’m thinking at 4,000 rpm your speed should be in the 35-38 mph range with the right prop.  

Not sure what your needs are, but here’s something to consider.  Since you now have a jackplate, running a 4-blade prop would allow you to take full advantage of the jackplate.  It will give you better shallow water capability . .  to be able to get that sled up on plane and stay on plane at low speeds with the jackplate raised.  Also it will have better grip and carry a load better.  A 3-blade tends to have a hard time gripping once you start raising that jackplate.

Yep, it's crazy how high I can run up my jack plate when it's just me in the boat, on plane,  and most of the load behind the COG. You'll definitely need the grip from a four blade in turns to keep from prop blow out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

Yep, it's crazy how high I can run up my jack plate when it's just me in the boat, on plane,  and most of the load behind the COG. You'll definitely need the grip from a four blade in turns to keep from prop blow out.

Here’s the prop I’m running on my 1900T with same engine. You might could benefit from the same or similar prop. 

D3356057-B709-425B-8898-9D9D20F5A2A9.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...