The party is over

D-linesider

4 hours ago, fin-addict said:

Fish, 

could not agree more about the value of the older 2200’s. Mine was a 2003 and sold it for what I paid 12 years ago plus a little more with a blown engine yesterday. The oldies are goodies. Last picture going to new home.

0BD255FB-47E1-45D0-925F-390EBB27FF45.jpeg

E7808A0E-3CEB-4286-852A-CD6FA4185A2C.jpeg

She’s a beauty ...... are you buying another rig ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TerryS said:

When it comes to building serious fishing boats…

take your own advice  

Terry, 

just so you know,  I don’t build boats. I don’t work for the company. I don’t do marketing, and I don’t live near the factory. I just work the forum, screening applications for spammers and toxic bots. We review the posts for the user agreement and keep the place family friendly. 
I didn’t mean to give advice, I was just making an observation from my decades of fishing off Mavericks. 

MM

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly believe my 2017 2200 CCA STAR Special Edition is very close to the pinnacle of MBG manufacturing. It's 5 years old now and still looks brand new. Even though the CCA folks towed it all over Florida before I got my hands on it the boat has been nearly flawless. Literally not one thing was wrong with it or has gone wrong since. The brakes and tires on the trailer were junk, but that's not the boat itself. I have seen post on here where brand new boats had page long punch list at delivery. Covid destroyed the workforce an the same time demand went thru the roof. New workers with no boat building experience were hired and quality inevitably went down. 

I wouldn't trade my 2017 for a 2022 even money. I'm just too happy with what I already have. 

(but I wouldn't throw a 2022 250 SHO out of bed)   lol  

IMG_1824.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Nice boat, RockyG.  I have a 2016 and love it to pieces.

426595529_ApalachacolaApril2022-10.thumb.jpg.57d525bfcfe1ab2d9170b923dce32a81.jpg

One thing, I NEVER run it up on a beach.  Why sand the bottom with very coarse sand?  Also, if there is a single rock or shell anywhere on that beach, it will somehow end up under your bow.  I always anchor with the main anchor then back toward the beach until the depth sounder reads 2.5 feet then cut the motor, tilt it up, hop in the water with the lunch hook anchor and set it on the beach.

Have fun out there!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I usually don’t post on these forums, but I think the new 24TRS is a brilliant boat. I have owned 2 Pathfinders in the past (2008 2400 and a really good looking 2009 2200) and left the brand for a little more family friendly bay boat. I currently have a 2600 TRS on order because I missed the quality and the brand. After watching the video on the new 24TRS and comparing it to my 2008 2400, the only thing you would lose is the bigger center livewell. The advantages to my older 2008 24 would be more holders, a dedicated fish box, more fuel for longer runs, a larger console (which is nice for bad weather and storage)higher gunnels for running inlets and bigger bays(you don’t want to stuff your bow)a higher front platform for sight fishing and a shorter rear platform which will help when trolling offshore. Also if you want the dedicated fishing platform with a larger baitwells you still have the 2300,2500, 2600 HPS and the new 2700. 

fishmanjj- we need to catch up soon my friend. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reg32 said:

I usually don’t post on these forums, and I might get my head chewed off for saying this but I think the new 24TRS is a brilliant boat. I have owned 2 Pathfinders in the past (2008 2400 and a really good looking 2009 2200) and left the brand for a little more family friendly bay boat. I currently have a 2600 TRS on order because I missed the quality and the brand. After watching the video on the new 24TRS and comparing it to my 2008 2400, the only thing you would lose is the bigger center livewell. The advantages to my older 2008 24 would be more holders, a dedicated fish box, more fuel for longer runs, a larger console (which is nice for bad weather and storage)higher gunnels for running inlets and bigger bays(you don’t want to stuff your bow)a higher front platform for sight fishing and a shorter rear platform which will help when trolling offshore. Also if you want the dedicated fishing platform with a larger baitwells you still have the 2300,2500, 2600 HPS and the new 2700. 

fishmanjj- we need to catch up soon my friend. 

I agree. At first I didn't care for it because it's simply not what I would think I would desire in a boat however, it checks all the boxes I would need for a family of 4 and it would expand my fishing areas. I'd never put a ski pole on my 22 trs but my kids would absolutely love one for tubing. We're headed out to a concert by water tonight and it would be really nice to have the creature comforts up front. They definitely did a good job concealing the ski pole as well as packing it with fishing and family features. Pathfinder knows the market trends and this is the way boats are going for arguably good reasons.

Not sure though that replacing the 2400 trs is the right move and this thread proves it but again Pathfinder likely knows the number and market trends better than us. What does puzzle me is why they make the Redfisher and not a Masters Angler. It's clear the Master Angler is a better platform all around than the Redfisher. I was stoked to see the teaser drawing a few years back of the Master Angler bay boat, I really wish it would've progressed.   

• Like 1

If Pathfinder is going to change its business model to more family-sport type bay boats, they should change their slogan to something other than "Angler Driven".  The new Redfisher 16 and 21 hull designs have some similarities to the Maverick Master Angler line.  I wish they would have made the same changes to the Redfisher 18 as well - it's time.  Maybe the "Angler Driven" slogan would go well with a new boat line called Master Angler - a blend of older Pathfinder, Master Angler, and newer Redfisher designs.  But what do I know - MBG knows what will sell better than I.

On 9/29/2022 at 8:46 AM, Ron in Atlanta said:

Nice boat, RockyG.  I have a 2016 and love it to pieces.

426595529_ApalachacolaApril2022-10.thumb.jpg.57d525bfcfe1ab2d9170b923dce32a81.jpg

One thing, I NEVER run it up on a beach.  Why sand the bottom with very coarse sand?  Also, if there is a single rock or shell anywhere on that beach, it will somehow end up under your bow.  I always anchor with the main anchor then back toward the beach until the depth sounder reads 2.5 feet then cut the motor, tilt it up, hop in the water with the lunch hook anchor and set it on the beach.

Have fun out there!

I agree with you Ron. We fish the boat 90% of the time, but when it's beach day we use 2 anchors and keep her off the bottom like your pic above. I was fishing by myself the day I took that pic. I pulled up to a pretty spot, jumped out, took the pic, then right back to fishing. My Dad started me fishing and boating about 55 years ago and he taught me right from the start.