2023 Islamorada MOT

DblPly

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a note, if you’re staying at Breezy Palms, don’t forget to confirm your reservation at least 14 days in advance.  They will charge your card the remaining balance and confirm your room.  Also confirm you have a boat slip reserved.  See ya’ll soon at Breezy.  Unofficial MBG bourbon and Cuban cigar headquarters. :)

Edit: (to avoid confusion, the Official Event site is indeed Hawks Cay). 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry you’re not going to make the trip, but looking forward to meeting you next year!

Weather today started out crappy and calmed down by late afternoon. Forecast has called for wind/rain the next few days, so today was a blessing. 

Started to learn our way around the Islamorada islands, channels and canals. As someone said at dinner, “20 years later and I’m still paying my dues…”. 

IMG_4259.jpeg

IMG_4258.jpeg

IMG_4257.jpeg

• Like 2

I have owned two Pathfinders (20,24) , two Mavericks (15 HPX, 17 HPX-V) and just sold my 16 Redfisher last year. I just happen to be at Hawk’s Cay right now ( have been here since Saturday, leaving Saturday) with my Egret 210 Moccasin with Merc 225. I was wondering about the invasion of the beautiful new Pathfinders over the last few days. The weather actually has been better than predicted, cloudy but clearing in the afternoon. I ran to Flamingo yesterday but it was just an exploratory trip, my first time. Loooked for Tripletail but too choppy and cloudy. Messed around for a while and headed back . Next time I will go with a guide. The fishing has been slow here with the tides and rain, I have only been able to find tiny pilchards. Will try again tomorrow. I am over in the Harbor Villas. Been coming to Hawks for years wi the kids. Now just me and the wife.

A few of us staying at Breezy Palms are headed to Flamingo and Snake Bite tomorrow. Others are headed offshore. Agree that weather forecast has been off. Although forecast has been crappy each of the last few days, it typically starts to clear by late morning. We did an adventure/explore trip today about 1/2 way to Snake. Only one small Barracuda to show for it. Lost a nice Red bite on top water. 

Love those Egrets. Pretty boats and exceptionally fit/finish. 👍

Anyone have any photos to share??

I really wanted to make it but work got in the way. But my wife, Daughter, and her Fiancée were there with my boat. Or as my daughter would say, "Its her boat!" 

My daughter had a good first day with a Wahoo, limited out on Mahi, and Limited out on big Snapper. They were about 25 miles plus off  shore in my ("My Daughter's") 22 Pathfinder. 

The second day while they headed out, the hydraulic fluid started leaking from the steering ram.  Needless to say their day ended early. 😒

That first day was enough as she walked away with the Lady Angler Champion (Actually more points than the "Overall Champion!"). 

Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe time. And everyone please have a safe and uneventful trip home. 

Bubba

On 10/1/2023 at 2:26 PM, Bubba B said:

Anyone have any photos to share??

I really wanted to make it but work got in the way. But my wife, Daughter, and her Fiancée were there with my boat. Or as my daughter would say, "Its her boat!" 

My daughter had a good first day with a Wahoo, limited out on Mahi, and Limited out on big Snapper. They were about 25 miles plus off  shore in my ("My Daughter's") 22 Pathfinder. 

The second day while they headed out, the hydraulic fluid started leaking from the steering ram.  Needless to say their day ended early. 😒

That first day was enough as she walked away with the Lady Angler Champion (Actually more points than the "Overall Champion!"). 

Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe time. And everyone please have a safe and uneventful trip home. 

Bubba

congrats to your team Bubba....how about some pics from your team :)

sorry to hear bout the steering fluid....Ss765TTT happens...always seems to be when your having fun...won't leak the week before :)

dc

• Like 1