2021 HPX-V 18 Bilge Issue

17macae

4 hours ago, Tender said:

Ughhh that hurts my eyes. Really *** that you ended up having to cut a hole like that. Being it's a 2021 couldn't that have been covered under warranty? Also I'm assuming the loop was there to prevent it from back flowing? Glad to see you got it fixed.

Only a one year warranty and then they referred me to the dealer.  Dealer had no experience with the issue so, rather than having the boat sit at a dealership for a month and very likely being charged for the repair......

I'll glass the curved edge and then screw a section of 1/4 ply coated with epoxy over the hole - maybe paint it and it won't be noticed.  I will have a nice access port.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2023 at 10:48 AM, polliwog said:

A one year warranty for an issue of an improper design ? really Makes no sense for a 50K+ boat? Very disappointing.  It sounds like a design flaw should be covered.

Having to mangle the boat is a shame.  Hope it all works out fine. Let us see the final results.

$50k barely gets you a 5+ year old one with 500+ hours in today's market. 🫣

I'm sure you are right about the prices these days.  Makes the point even more important.  Having several MBG boats ,there are somethings that are design ignorant.  Everything that may need service should access ports or openings.  In boat things just happen.  Having owned many many boats over 50yrs I've seen it all. I  think. lol

Here is the very basic repair - may hit it with epoxy paint one day but not worth buying just for this.

I notice the bilge pump float switch on the sahara pump has a significant voltage drop - the pump runs slower.  A very heavy rain could sink her.

Speaking of prices, I paid 65k for this boat with 48 hours on it. It's loaded but the weight from the extras in the stern is causing porpoising issues.  It has a Power Pole and a 4" hydraulic jack plate that I think I need to remove.

image.png.d785c4e43be46c004f79f1b5f791efa7.png