Help!! 2400 Open Factory Defects

Jesus Perez

Hi, 

Need help getting issues resolved. 

I just bought the new 2400 open have similar issues. Dealer has been great but seems like we are getting the run around from pathfinder. The deck has blisters all over which are not voids apparently it’s in the mold. Drives me crazy and worried about resale value. When the sun hits it you can see them clearly. It’s obvious a manufacture defect. In addition,  The live well leaks as it is a two piece.  Transom rod holder was placed too close to the livewell and has stress crack. Power pole falling down becoming loose. My hatches and forward bilge fills with water including inside my center console. Waiting to get all these repaired. Sea deck peeling off on all corners. 

• Sad 3

Hey Jay.. Sorry you have the issues. 
Is the boat brand new ? I can’t see the visible stuff getting by the QC process, and missed again at delivery..

Are the blisters under the sea deck ? Did the dealer install it ?

Photos always help with solutions and getting the factory involved by the dealer.  

Mod Marc

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Jesus Perez said:

Still waiting on MBG. Any help you’d be great.  The dealer said the they would dismantled the deck and rebuild. I thought this was ok but a boat builder told be to request a new hull and put my motor and electrics. It will always be a rebuild. 

If this is truly a factory defect, you are being told right.  You bought a new boat, you should get a new boat.  A repaired boat is not a new boat.  If they feel so good about their work, they should be equally happy to own it and provide you the hull you paid for.  If they dont want it, neither should you.  

Everything I said is assuming your descriptions above are accurate.  If not, I cant help you. 

• Like 2

If it is truly a mold contamination problem you should have a hull with no problems.

It is not out of the ordinary to see a manufacturer remove the hardware motor electronics and simply place a new deck/cap on the original hull. 

This can often be done easier than patching a bunch of imperfections. 

Depending on  who installed the electronics they may want you to take it down to basics.

If the console is unaffected it can be reinstalled 

That is probably the best compromise.  

3 hours ago, smilemaker said:

If it is truly a mold contamination problem you should have a hull with no problems.

It is not out of the ordinary to see a manufacturer remove the hardware motor electronics and simply place a new deck/cap on the original hull. 

This can often be done easier than patching a bunch of imperfections. 

Depending on  who installed the electronics they may want you to take it down to basics.

If the console is unaffected it can be reinstalled 

That is probably the best compromise.  

Why should the buyer ‘compromise’? They bought a new boat, MBG needs to make a new boat and deliver it.

• Like 2

Sorry, I didn't want to be a pus on this but I have had the factory guys work on both a pathfinder and maverick for me. I had to get the boats to the plant but they did the work and it was excellent. Before anyone says that's the old days, the work on the Maverick was 6 months ago and I did have to go through the dealer.

• Like 1

I spoke to the Customer Service rep at the factory today. I was told the problems noted were not structural, and that the cosmetic repairs would be arranged by the dealer. 

I hope you are back on the water quickly, and my advice hasn’t changed:

“ I hope they get the repairs done quickly for you. Then go over everything to make sure it is perfect and as-new.

I would bring a second set of sharp eyes to inspect and test.. “

J Perez, feel free to post photos of your problems.  You have us interested, and some of the members can help with information.

MM

• Like 1

So sorry for these problems. Not to pour salt on an open wound. Why did you accept the boat with these visible issues of the stress cracks and gel coat issues. A new boat should be given. I would not want dealer to address repairs but only the factory. Sorry to say the quality of this manufacture has gone down hill for some time now. Hope all works out for you in the end and not too long, fin 👍

On 12/4/2023 at 4:32 PM, Headhunter said:

Sorry, I didn't want to be a pus on this but I have had the factory guys work on both a pathfinder and maverick for me. I had to get the boats to the plant but they did the work and it was excellent. Before anyone says that's the old days, the work on the Maverick was 6 months ago and I did have to go through the dealer.

Does the factory shop only do warranty work or do “refurbish” as well?