Help!! 2400 Open Factory Defects

Jesus Perez

As far as I know, the Factory only builds the boats, and handles any structural problems.  The cosmetic issues, bad pumps, switches and accessory warranty items are handled by the Dealers now.

The factory did have a Refurb Shop back in 2011 or so..but has moved to the new site and closed that shop space.

Fin, I gotta say that the quality of most things has gone down since the shutdowns.. and that may be part of the perception.  I don’t think that the MBG quality ‘has gone downhill for some time’.  People bringing problems here to discuss comes and goes, but that doesn’t mean much.  There are thousands of boats built in a year that have no issues and fish well for decades.  You don’t see them, so the problems stick out. 
There are folks out there that can ruin an anvil, so a boat is much easier to tear up. When all is said and done, most of the big problems are due to abuse or collision. 
This boat here is a new mold, and maybe we will see the problems the new owner has. No problem should show up on a new boat, so I trust his boat will be made to new specs and form.  I will help him all I can, for what that is worth.

I haven’t been to the factory to see how they work.. Maybe in January I will shoot up there.. Bring a bunch you guys too if there is interest.  I will check on a Friday in January and get back..

MM