VHF In Flamingo ENP

Joe Crato

I go back to keep it simple...

when you are in a true emergency, your BP will be up, hands will be shaking, etc. and trying to remember what to do with an IPHONE or other device could be overwhelming.....

Again, I like a SAT phone...push button, raise antenna, wait for signal, dial....

others - simple messaging services - spot, Delorme, etc...should work....

DC

• 2 weeks later...

So I went down and fished Flamingo earlier this week and tried the SOS feature on my iPhone. I guess just because it say SOS on my iPhone 13 I still need to upgrade to a 14 or 15. Funny thing, I was telling my buddy what I was trying and sent a text home which never went through but his old *** iPhone was receiving text messages and calls with ATT service all day🤣

9 hours ago, Joe Crato said:

So I went down and fished Flamingo earlier this week and tried the SOS feature on my iPhone. I guess just because it say SOS on my iPhone 13 I still need to upgrade to a 14 or 15. Funny thing, I was telling my buddy what I was trying and sent a text home which never went through but his old *** iPhone was receiving text messages and calls with ATT service all day🤣

Satellite communication only works with a iPhone 14 or 15.