A Beast !!! for DA BEAST (my HPS 23) with new Minkotta Instinct

Wanaflatsfish

4 minutes ago, Moderator said:

I always see dock lines going over the top of tm shafts. Flip up cleats are not durable for towing or anchoring.. Just wondering.. 

I kept the original cleat and will take a look at how to re-install....if not, might have to go with the flip up....if I had to get a tow, I would assume I would attach it to the bow cleat....

DC

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2024 at 3:30 PM, Moderator said:

Yeah, Dino.  What did you do for bow cleats now ?

The Ulterra on my 2000v  has basically rendered my bow cleat useless.  Can’t hardly get to it so I installed a new cleat on each gunnel a little further back from where the bow cleat is..  More holes and Stuff on the bow but they are pretty handy.  

Just had my Ulterra repaired. Had to replace the trim module.  That is the second time I’ve had it replaced in the last couple of years.  The guy that did the work is an actual Guide in the upper Tavernier area.  Well known in that area.  He said that the Ulterra are notorious for Trim Module issues.  Says that they need to be stored under cover to keep water out of the module.  To DC’s point, he said that all the guides use the Ulterra because of the auto deploy/stow to keep from constantly running to them front of the boat.  Makes sense.  He did say that the manual deploy/stow is the much more trouble free option and the parts are more affordable.  

IMG_0170.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Have not had time to get to the bow cleats...but, good idea....thanks for the photos...

I'll post some pictures in a few weeks...I have a good bit of going on and have not been fishing..just had my full driveway re-asphalted (if that's a word), so I can't move the trailer for a few weeks or it will damage the curing asphalt......but, will get to it in another 30days or so.

Dc