2023 18 Maverick HPX Varis keeps porpoising..

Ler

17 minutes ago, fishmanjj said:

Contact Marcus at Power Tech Props ( he is Funky Monkey ) on this forum….he will absolutely have you dialed in very quickly. I’m betting you’ll end up with a 4 blade 17” prop and will see around 5800 rpms. 

Thanks! I originally, just found out, had a 4 blade 18 pitch on it and it was still bouncing pretty good. hopefully getting the trolling motor mounted on the bow will help and its just weight distribution. 

Ler, I private messaged you . I have spent years of R&D  tested many off sets , engine heights , trim angles  different  wedges, cavitation plate and  props lots of time and money to dial that combination in and make my HPX / SHO 115 ride and handle like a magic carpet ride. I hope the information I shared with you is used and that you get that beautiful HPX dialed in to ride , handle and perform the way you think it should . I no longer am an active member on this forum but read your questions and thought that the information I shared would help. Good luck take care . Joe R 

• Thanks 1

• Moderator changed the title to 2023 18 Maverick HPX Varis keeps porpoising..

I don’t think it’s a weight issue as much as a prop issue. Your not turning enough rpm and not getting the speed you should. You might wanna call Marcus at PT props for a recommendation and I’d definitely be on the phone with the dealer. My dealer was great with the little things I needed, hopefully they’ll put some thought into this and switch props for you to try. 

On 2/20/2024 at 7:13 PM, SouthernWake said:

Look at motor mounting and other setup with the dealer

1000rpms off and having to use 1/2-3/4 your tabs isn’t the prop with that 21p

What do you mean exactly by “other setup”. Are you suggesting moving the motor up a hole or 2 could help with the porposing?