MOT 31 (Islamorada 2017)

DblPly

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi to your group! I came across you after talking with the folks at Breezy Palms and trying to book a room Sept 21-25. I've been going to Breezy Palms since the 1960's and was excited that the Swim for Alligator Reef Lighthouse is scheduled for Sat Sept 23 and it has been moved to start from Amara Cay right next door. When I found out the hotel was booked I assumed it was filled with race participants, but Jenelle informed me about your tournament. 

I'm hoping the race director knows about your event and has coordinated with your organizers so you are not negatively impacted or taken by surprise. If that is not the case I wanted to make you all aware so the directors of each event know about the circumstances well in advance and can plan. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone. Looking forward to this years tournament! Last year was a blast. I need some recommendations on where to stay...

Last year I stayed at Kon Tiki which was awesome - very convenient. This year I have 4 people going with 2 boats. (18HPX and a 15HPX) I was hoping to stay at Kon Tiki again this year and have the four of us split a room. However the nasty lady that manages the place will not let me bring two boats. Even if I leave one on the trailer and one in the water. I even offered to pay extra for the additional boat. I was hoping to not have to rent two rooms to reduce cost.

Can anybody think of a safe place that I could leave one of the boats on the trailer?

Or if anyone has a recommendation on another hotel that would allow us to bring two boats without harassment.

Breezy is full.

Thanks for the help.

Archived