Cranking Battery - Yep another battery question

East Coast Dave

4 hours ago, FROZEN said:

All,

Attached is a PDF on the battery recommendations and installation guidelines from Yamaha. In summary, AGMs are allowed for most 4-stroke models. The document is dated 2014, but was updated last year, as indicated by the arrows. I can't guarantee it the latest and greatest, but it seems to be close.

CAUTION: This is an engineering advice document and it is intended for Yamaha dealers and their service professionals. It is NOT intended for customers use. If you use to make decisions on your boat, make sure you understand all the notes and caveats included. If you don't understand what you are seeing, please print, and ask a Yamaha professional to explain it to you.

For right now, I'm replacing the cranking battery with a higher capacity lead acid due to age. The two TM batteries are also lead acid, but slightly newer, and test good, so I'll keep for now. After I learn more about my "new to me" boat, I plan to switch all to AGM, possible this summer.

Thanks again for every ones help.

Yamaha Battery bulletin.pdf

Interesting stuff in that bulletin

5 hours ago, FROZEN said:

All,

Attached is a PDF on the battery recommendations and installation guidelines from Yamaha. In summary, AGMs are allowed for most 4-stroke models. The document is dated 2014, but was updated last year, as indicated by the arrows. I can't guarantee it the latest and greatest, but it seems to be close.

CAUTION: This is an engineering advice document and it is intended for Yamaha dealers and their service professionals. It is NOT intended for customers use. If you use to make decisions on your boat, make sure you understand all the notes and caveats included. If you don't understand what you are seeing, please print, and ask a Yamaha professional to explain it to you.

For right now, I'm replacing the cranking battery with a higher capacity lead acid due to age. The two TM batteries are also lead acid, but slightly newer, and test good, so I'll keep for now. After I learn more about my "new to me" boat, I plan to switch all to AGM, possible this summer.

Thanks again for every ones help.

Yamaha Battery bulletin.pdf

good info...a keeper for sure.

dc

Archived