Good reminder to wear your kills switch

justfish

I like the idea of the wrist strap, might try that. Anyone have any recommendations for the tether less ones?

I feel like Im less likely to wear mine on a bay boat where Im standing (and moving around more ) rather than my flats boat where was sitting. Maybe the tether less one might fix that...

T.A. Mahoneys, our local marine hardware store sells a little Velcro strap at the checkout counter about the size of your wrist and it has a little o-ring/snap to connect things to. I believe they are for securing ropes and such to your boat but they work great for a wrist lanyard! They are sturdy and the o-ring is heavy duty. I have leaned backwards to far and it has worked perfectly. The lanyard comes off and kills the engine.

Something like this but they are only .99 cents.

http://www.chutingstar.com/wrist-mount-velcro-strap

2 hours ago, linesider 159 said:

Guys with the lanyard, are you taking the clip part and clipping it back onto the cord to make a slip knot on your wrist? Thats what i do and the talk about wrist bands makes me wonder if it isnt common. When not in use i just slip it over the throttle.

I mentioned it because the norm is just the clip, which I think most people try to hook on there pants or life jacket. Clipping on your pants is a pain and gets forgot about. 

Using the wrist strap I linked is more comfortable and moves around better than just making a loop. Also I think seeing it laying on the wheel encourages me to put it on.

That's it no magic, just my thoughts.....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived