Time to Re-Power

Phinz13

That is kind of an in-between motor.  You usually see 150's, 200's, and 250's.  I have just hung a new 225 SHO on my 2007 2200V, and you can probably count on one hand how many of these boats across the country have a 225 on them.   I found a new 225 SHO for a steal at a dealer out in Texas.   It will be interesting to see if you can find anybody that has a F175 on one.  If you plan on keeping the boat for a while,and if you could afford it, personally, I would try to do a bigger increase in hp than a 175.  JMHO.  Very nice looking boat you have, and with that t-top, I am sure you could use more power!  Good luck! 

attachments[1].jpg

I wish I could be able to afford that SHO 225, but its a bit out of my league. Im getting a really good deal for the 175 only from a local dealer who had the order cancelled and is trying to get rid of it. I think it will be fine as I really have no complaints with the power of the 150.

I run the OFX 4R - 16 on my F 150 on a 2009 year 2200XL and it will turn 6000 rpm.  That's about 44 to 45 mph and it has a great hole shot for getting up quick in skinny water.   Mid range rpms with the 4 blade is very nice too. The boat will run faster with the Yamaha 3 blade 19..... but it doesn't handle as well and the hole shot is horrible.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got the 175 hooked up and after plenty of research on the prop I went with the OFX4-17 (Thanks to PowerTech for answering all my questions).

Took it out today for the break in and an VERY satisfied.

The first hour was a bit rough as I was dying to see it perform, gotta admit that 2000 RPMs is ALOT slower than I though it would be.

Love the hole shot and on the 3rd hour I had it at WOT for a about 3-4 minutes - 5300 RPMs @ 46 MPH (45.5)

That was just me & the wife, no gear and 1 small cooler. Im sure that it will be a bit slower once fully weighted.

It was an awesome day and the only drawback was that the wife kept asking about cushions for the front deck so she can lay down and get some sun....(queue post for where to get cushions)

Thanks to everyone that helped out by answering my questions

175.JPG

InkedInkedPathF175_LI.jpg

I didn't play much with the trim or jackplate as I didn't want to have a WOT for more than 3-4 minutes at a time.

Next time out I will get a better idea of what my max RPMs are. Im sure that I can get a little more out of it when fully broken in.

1 hour ago, fishmanjj said:

Just curious....could you get more than 5300 rpm out of it by trimming up some ? The reason I'm asking, I have the F150 on a 2200xl with a OFX4-16 and mine will turn 6000 rpm at wot. No jackplate.....I've always wondered how the 17" would do on my boat with the F150. 

I have the 17" off my 150 sitting in my garage if you want to try it on for size.

It did fine, but only turned up to about 5500 rpm's.  That was probably 42 - 43 mph.  I always thought I was over propped.  I even called Marcus sometime early fall last year about doing something different.  But I didn't because I knew I wanted to repower.

Archived