Time to Re-Power

Phinz13

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:55 PM, Phinz13 said:

So I finally got the 175 hooked up and after plenty of research on the prop I went with the OFX4-17 (Thanks to PowerTech for answering all my questions).

Took it out today for the break in and an VERY satisfied.

The first hour was a bit rough as I was dying to see it perform, gotta admit that 2000 RPMs is ALOT slower than I though it would be.

Love the hole shot and on the 3rd hour I had it at WOT for a about 3-4 minutes - 5300 RPMs @ 46 MPH (45.5)

That was just me & the wife, no gear and 1 small cooler. Im sure that it will be a bit slower once fully weighted.

It was an awesome day and the only drawback was that the wife kept asking about cushions for the front deck so she can lay down and get some sun....(queue post for where to get cushions)

Thanks to everyone that helped out by answering my questions

175.JPG

InkedInkedPathF175_LI.jpg

UPDATE

I might have to consider a new prop.

After breaking in the 10 hours on the new 175, I finally got to go out and do some "real" fishing.

Wasn't thrilled with the performance when the boat was loaded. 3 heavy guys with more gear than necessary, 2 full coolers, middle live well full of bait.

Trimmed out I was only able to get a max of about 45-4800 RPMS (about 40 MPH). Hole shot took quite a while too. Had to get everyone to move to the front - then it popped out pretty well. I feel like Im definitely loosing close to about 1000 RPMs. and 10 MPH

I'm thinking that I run MUCH heavier than we thought. Ganna get a hold of prop tech tomorrow to see what my options are.

Archived