Pathfinder and Mercury

bw1199

Now that pathfinder has announced that they will be offering Mercury on some of the models has anybody talked to their local dealer about it?

Back when I first heard the rumors (a month or 2 ago) I spoke with the main sales guy at my local dealer and he didn't know about it and gave me the Yamaha is the best ever speech. Tried again after they announced it and I'm going on 1.5 weeks without hearing back on a price. Tried a different dealer and they told me they were a Yamaha dealer and wouldn't sell a Mercury.

Anybody else have issues with trying to get a Mercury on a Pathfinder?

I think competition is good and gives the customer more options. If a boat dealership is a MBC dealership and the boat is rigged at the factory, seems that they would have to give the customer the option of engines. If you buy a MBC product and have a warranty issue with the boat, take it back to the MBC dealership. If you have warranty issues with the motor, take it to the appropriate outboard mechanic. I've had all brands of outboards and never had any real issues with any of them. My last outboard was a Mercury 225 Optimax and it had 1,500 hours when I sold the rig. The guy that bought it is still running that Mercury.

Am I losing it or did MBG not offer Mercury a few years back?  I recall seeing some HPXs with the ProXS and some of the bigger Pathfinders with V-Rods?  I think they were not very big sellers because MBG was able to offer the Yamahas at a lower price due to the bulk they sell.  I might be going crazy so correct me if I am wrong.

Skip,

You say you are putting the "115 Mercs on the HPXV and the Guides are raving about the performance". The Merc 115 is available with 2 different gear ratios (regular (2.07) and command thrust (2.38)) options. Did you test both on the HPX and which one is giving the best results?

Dale

29 minutes ago, lurem said:

Skip,

You say you are putting the "115 Mercs on the HPXV and the Guides are raving about the performance". The Merc 115 is available with 2 different gear ratios (regular (2.07) and command thrust (2.38)) options. Did you test both on the HPX and which one is giving the best results?

Dale

Not sure Dale but the Merc's we did on the 17 had the larger lower unit, they say the engine was built for Pontoon boat applications where it is able to turn a larger prop?  Assuming it is the 2.38?

Skip

18 hours ago, Dawgfan said:

Big Daddy, do you know if and when Pathfinder will update the performance bulletin for the 2600 HPS with the Mercury power 300, 350, and do you think Pathfinder will rate the 2600 HPS for 400 HP?

Thanks in advance.

AG

If they want to stay with the Bay Boat trend I think they have to. 

Well I'm not sure because the Merc needs to turn the higher RPM to produce the HP... Unlike the Yamaha where it needs to hit 5500 rpm to achieve full output, anything over is wasted more or less! I will tell you that 16 diameter prop pushes some water, I will be trying that prop in a 21 and 22 this weekend? 

Archived