Goodland, Florida

Davej

3 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Was just there last weekend...they are doing a major tenting for termites it looks like...so, afterwards, should be a great place to stay :)

dc

Wow...!  I was over there weekend before last... Oh well!!!

On 6/4/2017 at 3:06 PM, Davej said:

Sounds like a better idea. Thanks.

I've stayed at the houses on the island about a dozen times.  If you are going to fish, this is a great option.  Not a big deal to get to land.  There is a dock across the river where you can park.  There is also a boat on the island that will run you across.  Just take all of your supplies and it's like camping in a condo.  

Go to VRBO and look for rentals in Everglades City.  Then zoom in on the map and clock on the island rentals as indicated by the arrow in the pic.

EgladesCity Island.png

21 hours ago, rubble said:

I've stayed at the houses on the island about a dozen times.  If you are going to fish, this is a great option.  Not a big deal to get to land.  There is a dock across the river where you can park.  There is also a boat on the island that will run you across.  Just take all of your supplies and it's like camping in a condo.  

Go to VRBO and look for rentals in Everglades City.  Then zoom in on the map and clock on the island rentals as indicated by the arrow in the pic.

EgladesCity Island.png

FORGOT ABOUT THIS ONE......GOOD CHOICE FOR SURE...NO DUNKING EVERYDAY...AND THE PASS IS WELL MARKED AND EASY TO GET IN AND OUT...YOU CAN PUT IN AT THE ROD AND GUN, RIGHT ACROSS THE WAY.

DC

54 minutes ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

FORGOT ABOUT THIS ONE......GOOD CHOICE FOR SURE...NO DUNKING EVERYDAY...AND THE PASS IS WELL MARKED AND EASY TO GET IN AND OUT...YOU CAN PUT IN AT THE ROD AND GUN, RIGHT ACROSS THE WAY.

DC

They have a cleaning station, pool, clubhouse. Weight room. Really nice place to get away but still have some nice amenities. We used to motor over to the r&g and walk into town at night to eat or hydrate. Need to go back soon. 

Archived