Boat Shoes

FunFlatsFishing

I always wear shoes in the boat for two main reasons. Better traction than bare feet and protection from whatever might happen. I ware Crocs. They make a boat shoe that has a typical boat shoe sole ( very small groves across the sole). They provide good traction and again, protection. All synthetic, dries fast and no smell.

I just wear tennis shoes, with light colored soles.  Yes, if I throw the net they might get wet, but that's rare, I'm more concerned about comfort than avoiding wet feet.  My ankles will fatigue in flip flops or bare feet. 

But if someone has a good comfortable boat shoe, I would prefer that. However, I find most boat shoes are more focused on water drainage than comfort. 

Just now, mulligan said:

If you want to stat barefoot then SeaDek or the like is the ticket.  I had SeaDek on my last boat and never had shoes on.  My current boat has no SeaDek and I just wear a good pair of flops, last few have been Oluki.

I have a seadek helm pad but don't really want to do the whole boat. 

Plus a a pair of shoes is much cheaper. 

Bass Pro Shops. Both are on sale now. I have both, first one listed for summer time and the second for cooler weather. The second pair are more comfortable but both are good.

http://www.basspro.com/World-Wide-Sportsman-Bayside-Lace-Fishing-Shoes-for-Men-Tan/product/12102505321323/

http://www.basspro.com/World-Wide-Sportsman-Blue-Water-Boat-Shoes-for-Men-Tan/product/10205136/?cm_sp=Display2014retar_DIS

On 4/27/2017 at 11:11 AM, Reel Special 3 said:

+2 on the crocks.  Very soft soles saves my back and knees at the end of the day.

Never again CROC's for me...once they go slick..your down..plus, anything that is not "leather" I don't take on the boat..

Had a pair of Shimano rubber shoes...nice fit, very comfy...then a catfish came undone....as I was trying to release it..flipped on the gunnels and hit my big toe....thought I was gona die...spike through the center of my toe...it swelled like crazy...had Capt DonH start the motor and put my foot in the pee stream then packed it with ICE....after 20 min, i was able to fish again...but, never again..only old School Sebago's for me...nice leather, heavy duty, and yes they smell, but, they have good support and protect da feet !!!

DC

I'm with Dino!!! Thought I would be a stud muffin' and go without shoes one day, sure as heck got into a bunch of dolphin and after all was said and done all the blood in the boat was not just dolphin blood! Wacked the side of my foot on a rod in the gunnel during the chaos, not again........I don't like seeing my blood in the boat!!

Archived