Cost for 100 hour service on 200 SHO

Mike45q

I've been calling around and was just quoted $700 to $750 for a 100 hour service on a 2006 Yamaha F150.

The shop claims to pressure test the lower unit, replace all anodes, replace water pump, etc.. The question is, are all these services necessary on top of just the basic 100 hour service as listed above?

I had my water pump and thermostat replaced on my last 100 hour service.

I'm a water pump / thermostat "once a year guy", no matter the hours (usually 250-350 in my case) and that's really just to make sure it all comes apart when you need it to.

As far as the anodes definitely not at every 100 hours. The general rule that I've always used (on the anodes you can see) is 2/3 of the original size, then I change them. There are also anodes in the cylinder head and the exhaust manifold that Yamaha recommends you "inspect and replace if necessary" at 500 hrs.

Here's a cylinder anode at 500 hours out of my F115, you can still read the part # so I'd say its fine. The anodes in the exhaust cover I replaced because I already had the cover off and a new gasket in hand so since I was there...

anode.JPG

I normally change my waterpump ever 300 hours, which is every two years for me.

i replace the original anodes on my F150 engine last year with 1800 hours.  They didn't look ugly.  I've never replaced my thermostat.  Maybe this winter.

you don't need to pressure test the lower unit unless you have water in the gear oil.

I do thermostats every year with lower unit, racor, fuel filter, and plugs. It's not all necessary but I do it myself. Every 2nd year the impeller and water pump kit get changed. Also not necessary but the 2nd year I inspect my anodes. Haven't changed em yet

Archived