Looking to Paint my 2006 Maverick - Anyone Advice Would Be Helpful

fishing212

I have a 2006 Maverick that i have been refinishing for the past 6 months.  It's been a very long process and I'm now ready for Primer and Paint, which is not something I have experience with.  I want to the store and bought all of the paint, 1 gallon of Quantum with all of the reducer / converter but I'm not sure what I need to do to be ready to spray.  I have listed some of the things that I already have but after spraying some primer I feel like I'm over my head.  Can anyone give me some advice as this is completely new to me?  Also, I'm willing to pay if anyone knows a place that can spray the boat for me.  Ballard Taleck - 239-537-3455

Maverick Boat .jpg

I have done some back yard spraying of boats with great results. couple of things I learned. 

read the instructions on the paint. If it says light flash coat ..Do that!

spray early in the morning.. less bugs and it will set off before critters get on it.

Make sure your air is dry. you have to cool the air for it to condense the water out. I have put a coil of hose in a bucket of ice water to cool the air prior to going to a dryer. my hose come right off the tank with not header so the air is hot and wet in the hose. Thus the bucket of ice prior to the dryer.

If you have any specific questions give me a shout. 

Wayne

Not to advertise for another forum, but there is a guy that goes by 'sidewinder' on the Florida Sportsman forum. He's full of knowledge and extremely hepluful. Maybe start a thread here under boat build or reach out to him via private message. The above advise from HoneyB is great! 

Archived