Need jack plate help/advice

geeviam

56 minutes ago, Jay michael said:

I have removed the bolt on top of cylinder for jack plate and can not get cylinder rod to go down.  Jack plate was hung in the upper position.  Any ideas how to get cylinder rod to come down. I have bled bottom screw. 

Without knowing more about your current situation - Have you tried disconnecting the main power leads coming off of the hydraulic motor (usually 12 AWG Blue & Green wires) and touched them directly to the + & - lugs on your battery to see if the motor actually works?  You may have to reverse the wires when touching the battery terminals to get the JP to move the way you need it to.

• 10 months later...
On 11/9/2018 at 1:25 PM, geeviam said:

The alternative worked out well.  One of the Atlas JP relays was faulty.  To repair it, you can buy a whole new JP wiring harness for $160 + shipping, which includes two relays (glued/sealed into a plastic box with the wire connections soldered to a PCB), and all new wiring to replace everything up to the switch on the console.  I did not want to be locked in to that solution every time a relay fails.  After disassembling the paired relay box to document the wiring sequence, I found some good quality relays (Temco) with matching female harness plugs on Ebay.  A set of four relays with matching harness was $13.50 including shipping.  I installed two on my existing wiring and have two left for spares to keep on the boat.  Now, if a relay fails, it can be easily swapped out in 2 minutes on the water instead of the many hours it takes to replace the whole harness at home.  The Ebay listing is here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-LOT-TEMCo-12-V-60-80-Amp-Bosch-Style-S-Relay-with-Harness-Socket-Automotive/371393151219?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Here are some pics of the relay, harness and the Atlas wiring color sequence.  I just matched the Atlas wire colors to the corresponding wires on the harness and used heat shrink butt connectors and AlumiConn 3-port connectors (awesome product - get at Lowes) to tie everything together.  Hope this helps.

3-Port-AlumiConn®-677.jpg

CN0171_01.jpg

Actual_temco_socket1.jpg

Atlas_JP_relay_wiring2.jpg

Late to the party here...

Did you use 2 or 4 of the Alumniconn connectors?