200 SHO tuned ECM results

HoneyB

I had my ECM tuned (Flashed) and wanted to share some real world information. I know there are a couple of good threads on here with some good information from some of the people who do the tune. The following are the results i experienced. My boat is a 2012 2200 TRS. My boat has an larger sized t top so it catches plenty of wind. My boat was born with a 200 HP SHO. The boat had about half a tank of fuel so call it 25 to 30 gallons i guess. Also had the full complement of batteries three trolling and two starting/house for a total of 5 on board. Running by myself no ice or tackle on board.

Before the tune my boat WOT was 52mph at 5900 rpm. This was running a 19pitch Mercury Mirage prop. I left the Mirage Prop on for the first run on the tune. The tune delivered 61.8mph at 6700rpm. No I did not hold it there long and went back to the ramp to change props. 

The only other prop I had to run was a Mercury Tempest 21Pitch. This prop delivered a wot speed of 62.9 at 6400rpm. 

All speeds were off of my Gps. If you can believe any information that comes from a Garmin Unit. :)

282B6DAE-3C9D-4044-8CFE-19F433307CD1.jpeg

D33128FE-3C15-4124-B3D5-FFFC490891C7.jpeg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really,? I might look around and try one out if I can find one. The PT ofx3 19 and 21p that I tried made the boat feel like it was plowing. I attributed it to the extra weight of the tower so far forward(attached a pic, I have no idea of the tower weight but it’s built) I put my 4 blade back on and it got up out of the water and everything improved( mpg, rpms, and speed). 

0C33C50F-F505-4964-AB4D-DE528AD506A4.jpeg

My experance with the 19 ofx3 was that it also felt the boat was plowing. The spray while on plane was way up by the center console. I have always had Mercury’s so of corse I had some mercury props laying around. The tempest plus was designed for *** heavy bass boats that go fast. Turns out it works good for *** heavy bay boats as well. The mirage I just picked up for a good price and it seems to lift the hull very well too. 

I love the tower on your boat who built it? I would love to have a half tower on mine. 

Thanks, It was on the boat when I bought it but Action Welding

http://actionweld.com/

this tower has been on the boat for 13 years and the only thing I have done since I bought it was add a solid plate to connect all the legs on each side. I’d recommend them but they are far from me up in here in Georgia. I’ll always have one now and the double seat up there is awesome for our tripletail sightfishing

correction- I added the ttop section too, youngins needed some shade

You’ve got me thinking now about prop testing again. I thought I was done with that. Any Merc 4 blades you recommend? I love my holeshot especially when we have a boatload going to the beach. If I can flash and tweak the prop I’m fine with touching 60-61 occasionally 😎

LOL my top was built at action welding too. Hey I’m in Savannah where are you in ga? Hell you can try my props anytime. Both of my props are 3 blades the enertia is 19 pitch the tempest is 21. Even if you don’t match your rpms u can see how they lift the boat out of the water. JEM has posted here about his bravo 1fs. It’s fast and has 4 blades 

2 hours ago, HoneyB said:

I had my ECM tuned (Flashed) and wanted to share some real world information. I know there are a couple of good threads on here with some good information from some of the people who do the tune. The following are the results i experienced. My boat is a 2012 2200 TRS. My boat has an larger sized t top so it catches plenty of wind. My boat was born with a 200 HP SHO. The boat had about half a tank of fuel so call it 25 to 30 gallons i guess. Also had the full complement of batteries three trolling and two starting/house for a total of 5 on board. Running by myself no ice or tackle on board.

Before the tune my boat WOT was 52mph at 5900 rpm. This was running a 19pitch Mercury Mirage prop. I left the Mirage Prop on for the first run on the tune. The tune delivered 61.8mph at 6700rpm. No I did not hold it there long and went back to the ramp to change props. 

The only other prop I had to run was a Mercury Tempest 21Pitch. This prop delivered a wot speed of 62.9 at 6400rpm. 

All speeds were off of my Gps. If you can believe any information that comes from a Garmin Unit. :)

282B6DAE-3C9D-4044-8CFE-19F433307CD1.jpeg

D33128FE-3C15-4124-B3D5-FFFC490891C7.jpeg

Impressive results.

Is there a reason the OEM doesn't do the same?

I don't know and have no skin in the game but I doubt for longevity purposes in the race for HP the OEM would leave that HP gain on the table.

Best of luck with it.

Capt Troy, they basically do. The F300 is the same block as the SHO Motor’s. They are able to produce one motor and only change the ecu and charge you several thousand more for the increased hp. Tuning these sho motors to 300 shouldn’t effect longevity as I understand it. 

9 minutes ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

Well dang. We should have a meet-up with all of us Georgia guys. My vote would be lunch at the Sunbury Crab Co., since its about halfway between everyone, and then we could hit the sandbar just up the river to talk boats, try props, speed runs, and a lot of other BS!

Im in let’s make it happen when the weather gets a bit better !!!!

Archived