Battery jump pack

Fishin911

Looking into a battery jump pack and came across this item. 

https://gladiatorcargonet.com/product/noco-boost-ultrasafe-lithium-jump-starter/?keyword_session_id=vt~adwords|kt~|mt~|ta~60046037835&_vsrefdom=wordstream&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI76L_3tyC4QIVg4bACh1mRgKYEAQYASABEgI6AvD_BwE

What’s your thoughts? Note: I’ll be fishing Desolate secluded areas where I won’t see someone for hours. Trying to think and be as safe as possible because I want to start bring my boys with me to these amazing fishing areas. Thanks 

I have a microstart brand for over 5 years and it comes in handy in the truck, boat and camper. They are compact and have a lot of power. Mine has jump started my neighbors dodge diesel several times over the years.

It also has an attachment kit with different plugs for charging your phone or running my laptop and several others that I have not used.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fishin911 said:

https://gladiatorcargonet.com/product/noco-boost-ultrasafe-lithium-jump-starter/?keyword_session_id=vt~adwords|kt~|mt~|ta~60046037835&_vsrefdom=wordstream&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI76L_3tyC4QIVg4bACh1mRgKYEAQYASABEgI6AvD_BwE

What’s your thoughts? Note: I’ll be fishing Desolate secluded areas where I won’t see someone for hours. Trying to think and be as safe as possible because I want to start bring my boys with me to these amazing fishing areas. Thanks 

I purchased the NOCO jump pack and did not know until I received it that it was for jumping lead acid batteries only.  This is okay for my truck but my boat has all AGM batteries so not sure if it is safe or not.  Just an FYI.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

I used the 1/2/ALL switch on boat and carry a set of $9 jumper cables....

DC

Dino, how would that work for a jumpstart if all your batteries were dead due to a bad connection, etc? 

I've heard the PowerAll & Microstart products are pretty awesome. I should get one since I regularly fish the ENP where I better be able to help myself! 

1 hour ago, conocean said:

Dino, how would that work for a jumpstart if all your batteries were dead due to a bad connection, etc? 

If "ALL" your batteries are dead due to bad connections you have a more serious problem than you think.

That should never happen....if you have two AGM's for trolling motor and one house, your house will begin to give you a low voltage on the GPS and not crank fully, at that point, you can then  go to # 2, and that should give you enough from one of your TM"s, if not, you go to ALL which should give you a combo.

Worst case, hopefully the last AGM is enough to crank it and you use the jumpers....and then you head home....

I can't imagine all going bad at the same time....but, maybe ???????

dc

• Like 1

13 hours ago, conocean said:

Dino- I’ve seen 4 dead AGM’s on a 22PF years back when we were 20+ miles offshore of Choko. Luckily we had another boat that followed us on the trip to give us a jump  

Drummer- What model/amp PowerAll did you go with?

Just the basic version.  Here's the info, but you can find them online for less.  Forgot to mention it has an SOS mode for the flashlight. Pretty cool unit. 

https://www.thepowerall.com/product-page/deluxe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2019 at 7:17 PM, Fishin911 said:

I can't offer an opinion on this particular model, but I recently bought a new Noco Genius battery charger.  Not a good experience.  It might/could make a good doorstop. Bought a Dual-Pro instead, and it works very well.

20 hours ago, geeviam said:

I can't offer an opinion on this particular model, but I recently bought a new Noco Genius battery charger.  Not a good experience.  It might/could make a good doorstop. Bought a Dual-Pro instead, and it works very well.

Same here. They do have good customer service but sadly I had to find out a few times over a short period of time.  I know nothing about their jump packs.

On 3/14/2019 at 7:17 PM, Fishin911 said:

That's the one I have. Works great!! I carry it around in my truck and of course the boat. I've must have helped jump a dozen people over the last few months. Most are amazed that little battery works as a jumper!!

Great product

On 3/15/2019 at 5:52 PM, conocean said:

Dino- I’ve seen 4 dead AGM’s on a 22PF years back when we were 20+ miles offshore of Choko. Luckily we had another boat that followed us on the trip to give us a jump  

Well, I guess "It" happens..meaning catastrophic failure...it can happen I would say more at anchor over night, etc where you run down the batteries to a point of no CCA's......glad you got back safely....BTW, not a bad idea to carry the new smaller charges, DonH always carried one on his smaller skiff as he had a very small house battery that  ran the engine and one 12V TM.....but, I guess not something you should really need....until you need one.

I hear ya...

dc

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2019 at 4:58 AM, imsnookyrd said:

I purchased the NOCO jump pack and did not know until I received it that it was for jumping lead acid batteries only.  This is okay for my truck but my boat has all AGM batteries so not sure if it is safe or not.  Just an FYI.

Bit of a necrobump here, but the NOCO jump pack is OK for AGM batteries  

E61AF23E-EEBB-48E0-A92A-92F0B4F65D76.png

Everyone should have one of these on the boat or car/truck.  Saved my trip up north when my suv battery crapped out at the beginning long trip. Started my diesel in a heart beat and got me to a dealer for a new battery. Saved at least a few hours. Best 75 bucks you can spend for boating.

• 5 months later...

Well I bought a NOCO GB40 based off of the suggestions here. I knew at some point I would leave a switch on and drain the battery. Needed it today and it would not jump my 12V starting battery on my RF18. Fully charged the battery pack on Monday. Tried it over and over. Charge went from full to 25%. 

Not blaming anyone but disappointed so far in it. Eager to hear what their customer service says. 

A little electrical theory. Two batteries connected in parallel thru the boat switch, one battery is dead and switch moved to all, the good battery will “charge” the bad battery until they are of equal voltage. That equal voltage may not start the engine. Just saying . Check it out.

• Like 2