Bilge Access Hatch enlargement

knotthereelworld

The standard bilge access panel is an approximately 8" wide circle on my '03 Redfisher 18. Has anyone enlarged this and replaced it with a larger panel for roomier access on their RF or MA? I can't imagine there being any structural integrity issues by making this space bigger. I found a rectangular one online that is 10" x 14." Would make any repairs I need to do in that area much easier. Thanks! 

I just got one of these from Amazon yesterday for $39 with free shipping.  I'm installing it today so I'll have better access to install a new Lenco Actuator.  I've had 4 other Redfishers over the years and done this with everyone of them.  Dont know why MBC doesn't do it at the factory.

Tempress White 1115 Cam Hatch

18 minutes ago, Limitless said:

I just got one of these from Amazon yesterday for $39 with free shipping.  I'm installing it today so I'll have better access to install a new Lenco Actuator.  I've had 4 other Redfishers over the years and done this with everyone of them.  Dont know why MBC doesn't do it at the factory.

Post some pics when done. Which size are you installing?

For sure a worthy time investment. I know several who have. Buddy just cut his out this week. I used a TH marine 11x19 hatch as did he. He said they have their sand colored one on sale for 65 bucks right now. First pic is of mine in a master angler from maybe 8-9 years ago and 2nd one is the one we did this week in a Hewes LT. The key is the lid has to be completely removable and would suggest do your work in the bilge before instilling the hatch rim. Every inch helps lol 

IMG_5588.jpeg

57472354170__180FC94F-2149-46F6-9CDD-131E64823E8A.jpeg

22 hours ago, Limitless said:

I can't find that hatch at that price anywhere on Amazon.  Do you have a link?

34 minutes ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

I can't find that hatch at that price anywhere on Amazon.  Do you have a link?

Here you go:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001449G92/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

If you dont mind the sand color, the TH Marine that Triplec posted is even better for taking the "lid" off.  I have my hole cut out and cleaned up and I left it open until I install a new Trim tab actuator today then I'llput pics on later today.

Archived