Braided Line Questions

rubble

Power Pro moss green. 10# on my inshore. 20# on my pitch rods for larger inshore species offshore Mai. Blue Diamond braid on my offshore planer rods and Ande mono 30# Mono on my surface trolling rods. Power Pro 30# moss green on my bottom rods with 60' of mono top shot. Great for muttons. 

When I have newbies to braid on the boat inshore I always ask them to stick out their pointer finger the first four of five revolutions of the spinning reel. Helps keep line snug reeling up to loop. Really helps prevent wind knots on those breezy days. Also X2 on chap stick when removing a wind knot.

Never had any problem with line digging on my bait casters or spinning reels with the braid. Guess just been lucky. I do not use mono backing. 

On 5/14/2019 at 4:11 PM, rubble said:

What seems to be the best color for hi-vis?  I've used Hi-Vis Yellow and it has been fine. Always tie on a clear leader.  The Super Slick comes in a Marine Blue and Aqua Green that both seem like they would be easy to see but in low light conditions how are they?  

All my reels are spooled with marine blue since it first came out. Like it a lot.

10 hours ago, cbw50072 said:

Personally I like standard Power Pro. Power Pro super 8 slick V2 is another great option for spinning reels.  I do not think their is a need to use a braided line under 20 pound test. Even when bass fishing with light soft plastics I use a 20 pound braided line and it cast a far distance. I do add a 5 foot fluorocarbon leader though. The slightly larger diameter might help the line from digging into itself. Here is a article I recently wrote about the best braided fishing lines. A 20 pound braid is equivalent to the diameter of a 6 pound monofilament fishing line. 

Resurrecting an old thread, I like it. But I have to disagree with statement on 20 lb test. When I’m throwing a high end ML spinning combo while chasing Specs I know for a fact I can throw 10 lb. a heck of a lot farther than 20, and I want every edge I can get.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...