NEED HELP! Pics of used 17 MA.....

Latchkey85

2 hours ago, FLDXT said:

I drove to Delaware from South Florida to buy my 17 MA, good ones are worth the trip. First boat that ive ever had appreciate in value over 8 years.

Yep - prices are skyrocketing on them.   I reach out to every seller after they sell one to see the actual price they got.  It's gone from low teens to mid teens to high teens, to low twenties, and now mid twenties for 18 footers.   Crazy.   But, I talked to a couple MA owners and they said the same thing I say - offer me 30K and I'll still refuse.   What the hell am I going to replace it with?   Egrets are still 5K more for an older year, and nothing else does what it does.

9 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

Dude, you are KILLING me with these videos.   Are you sure you aren't working for the Tourism department or something?    

These guys do put out good work.....The fishing up here is great....in the right spots of course.  And if anyone on here ever comes to NY and wants to fish, just PM me and I will tell you what guides are good in the area, or will lend a rod/reel/light tackle and give some spots to check out.  

5 hours ago, FLDXT said:

I drove to Delaware from South Florida to buy my 17 MA, good ones are worth the trip. First boat that ive ever had appreciate in value over 8 years.

I would definitely make the trip if the right boat pops up.  I used to drive from Camp Lejeune to NY on holiday weekends like it was nothing.  I love driving, especially once you get south of D.C., I-95 is actually a pleasure!  But while we are on this topic.....what considerations do I need to take for a trip like that?  For example, I'm trailering a boat 19 hours from South Florida to New York (1/2 hour north of NYC).  Can these trailers make that kind of trip?  Will the boat survive the trip?  How fast can I go?  I drive a 2019 Toyota 4Runner for reference.  

Depends on the trailer and current condition. I'd be aware of maintenance, specifically bearings, tire conditions, etc. I'd definitely have at least one spare and probably a spare bearing and hub. Bring a grease gun, stop and check bearing temps every couple hundred miles. A battery powered impact and a good jack, not those stupid ones that come with a truck. Dual axles are easy, get about 18" of a 8"x8", cut a ramp on one end, no jack needed. 

1 hour ago, FLDXT said:

Depends on the trailer and current condition. I'd be aware of maintenance, specifically bearings, tire conditions, etc. I'd definitely have at least one spare and probably a spare bearing and hub. Bring a grease gun, stop and check bearing temps every couple hundred miles. A battery powered impact and a good jack, not those stupid ones that come with a truck. Dual axles are easy, get about 18" of a 8"x8", cut a ramp on one end, no jack needed. 

Thanks....I’ll be prepped for a breakdown.  A lot can happen over that distance.  I’d probably have the hubs and bearings changed before making a trip like Florida to New York.  Just to be on the safe side. 

9 minutes ago, linesider 159 said:

Cheaper to fly and have it shipped back most of time and you don’t have to deal with the stress. $500-600 to ship 11 hour drive one way. That’s a 1.5-2 day haul

By the time you prep the trailer with a full service just to make the trip you’re not saving much over transport

Totally agree