2300 HPS Major Hull Damage - Where do I go from here?

dholley

That’s the stringers coming loose and allowing the hull to flex which causes the skim coat to delaminate.  Many boat companies, of that era, used a glue that wasn’t alway effective, particularly if the boat has been run or trailered hard.

The fix is to grind the skim coat off, use screws thru the hull into the stringers to tighten everything up.  Then drill small holes thru the hull and inject epoxy.  Then remove the screws, patch the holes, install a couple layers of fiberglass cloth and finally spray gelcoat.

You need to find a shop that has done this job before, so they know exactly where the stringers are so they can do the job without tearing the inside of the boat up.

On 3/25/2023 at 4:42 AM, George Seither said:

Did Blue Dot Marine quote 25,000 to repair? Also 2003 2200V for 29,000 for sale in Madisonville 

No, it was not Blue Dot or a complete quote. I have it at a shop on the Northshore. After reading this complete thread, especially the information about the trailer bunks, I am pretty confident that had something to do with my situation, as I ran the trailer through the ditch leaving the house on the day before I discovered the damage. Long story short, it's so light back there I forgot it was there. Even took out my mailbox, lol. My previous boat was a 26 Twin Vee, which would let you know it was back there all the time. Anyways, insurance company didn't agree with me. Gonna see how the surveyor sees it, and try that route. Great info and advice from all though, thank you.