Disc Replacement Surgery

THE OUTLAW

I personally have not had this procedure but my brother in law had it done S1 L5. Pretty serious procedure. Level of pain will depend on how many disc you are having replaced. Physical therapy can last a while. Recovery is slow but steady. Brother in law, says now that it's behind him, glad he did it. I'm going in for minimal evasive surgery tomorrow. Lower back Sacroiliac area. TransLoc Sacroiliac joint fushion system. Day surgery. This procedure is not as complicated as disc replacement. I hope all goes well and I wish you a speedy recovery. The biggest problem I see with you is the withdrawals from not being able to boat/fish for a while. Good luck Cooper di

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

I have 3 hernations and one disc that is FUBAR , with a slide to the left , of my spine on L4-5 Β ,

This is my worst addiction that I have .

A rare disease called FOMO !

I have it bad .

Fear Of Missing Out !

No one can recover from this disease.

Thankfully , my crew , is still going to give me my share of the kill .

I am going into this 100% committed to get back to camp shape .

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈ

• Like 1

Wish you the best of luck and a quick recovery. I myself have lower back issues from a fall on a boat in 1999. Nothing can be done about it. Involved spine and nerves. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™fin. Worst is not being on the water like I use to. Not been on a boat since I sold Fin-Addict 😒. Please keep us posted as to your progress.πŸ‘

• Like 2

I had back surgery (ACDF C7-T1) in September 2009:Β Β Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion with Cornerstone Bone and Zepher Plastic. Β This involved a spinal bone allograft, neck spine fusion, neck spine disk surgery, discectomy anterior with decompression. Β I was in the hospital for 3 days but had almost immediate relief of my symptoms. Β I had no PT, but recovered at home. Β Had to wear the neck brace for a month. Β Everything was going pretty well until on the first day home,I decided to take a short walk. Β The neurosurgeon said I could remove the neck brace to shower, and since I had not had one since before entering the hospital, thought it would be a good idea, especially after sweating a bit during my walk. Β  I got dizzy in the shower, and ended up falling through the glass shower door onto the stone floor of our bathroom. My wife heard me, called 911. Β Of course, both EMT's were female, and there I was in all my glory. Chipped a bone in my elbow, but thankfully the cervical spine was fine. Β Guess the medications and dehydration made me faint. Β So, my advice is to rest up after the surgery, stay out of the heat, and lay in a stock of Crown!

Β 

Β 

P9060001.JPG

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 12:43 PM, THE OUTLAW said:

Thanks Dave !

It was nice talking with you the other dayΒ 

My shop is always open brother.

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈ

I'm keeping you and your wife in my prayers! Β Don't forget to call me when you need some help. Β  No shame in that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope the surgery goes well and you recover quickly, Ralph ! I will add you in my prayers as well.Β 
You could have the boat prepped for the storage and cover it or get it inside somewhere.. You’re gonna want a boat ride in the worst way during the recovery time.Β 
Stay with us while you get through it.Β 
Marc

• Like 1

Leaving as I type .

My team …TEAM TRIPOD πŸ˜ŽπŸ€•πŸ™„ are going over for the fireworks party that EC has every year .

Boat is on a lift

Have a beanbag chair

My buddies are going to make sure we have an EPIC trip , and I trust them more than I trust the surgeon.

Reports suggest that the fishing has been out of control , so fish should be caught .

The Vanford 1000’s will be getting a much need refurb and rest , just like me .

I WILL BE BACK .

HAPPY 4 of July !

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈ

• Like 3

As I told you on the phone.....don't forget to reach out for any help to get to your physical therapy....if I'm available, I will take you......

Get well soon....

When do you go under the knife?

Β 

I would take some time and send in all your gear to Shimano and other reel guys to have them do a full tune up....

Β 

DC

Β 

• Like 1

I go in on Tuesday.

My reels have every upgrade , that you can have.

Shimano is sending us new gear , so when I return , I will be ready .

Might be parting ways with some , slightly used reels ! πŸ™„

Thank you Dino .

I may have to use your services .

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈ