Disc Replacement Surgery

THE OUTLAW

Ralph, out of the blue, I came on and saw your thread. Β I personally know what to expect. In fact I had to sell my Hewes due to it. I had a C-5 through C-7 fusion using allograft ( donor bone ) As well as all the usual titanium plates and screws. I’m now in more pain than I was before surgery. There’s what’s called adjacent disk disease where your stress point changes to the disk above or below the fused vertebrae. The less vertebrae they fuse the better the outcome. I’m now looking at C-1 and C-2 which have gone bad. My advice I can give is to listen 100% to your surgeon and physical therapist. Don’t over do it which is harder to do then you think. You will have 100s of questions following your surgery. Mayo Clinic has a great forum ( it’s free ) for spinal surgery patients. You’re definitely in for some life changes. Prayers heading your way and I know you’ll do fine !…..David

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RacerxV6 said:

When you make your way up to SC Ralph. Β I will be more than happy to do my best to put you on some....

Stripers not Strippers !

Got it .Β 
Β 

Going to be up that way asap , to assess future home , for the Crab πŸ¦€ Shack !

Done with FLL

Would of done it long ago if it were not for friends , and the ENP !

Thanks again everyone.

AllI know at this point , is how much money to bring on Tuesday.

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈ

Β 

On 7/8/2023 at 6:02 PM, THE OUTLAW said:

Stripers not Strippers !

Got it .Β 
Β 

Going to be up that way asap , to assess future home , for the Crab πŸ¦€ Shack !

Done with FLL

Would of done it long ago if it were not for friends , and the ENP !

Thanks again everyone.

AllI know at this point , is how much money to bring on Tuesday.

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈ

Β 

Ralph - If you are looking for a place in the Carolinas, reach out when you are up this way.Β  I'd be honored to show you around my neck of the woods and put you on a striper or two.Β  Can't show you any strippers, though, wife would kill me. . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Hey Ralph, enough about you; how was your wife's recovery from the shoulder surgery? Because she is going to be a big part of your recovery!Β 

After 15 months of waiting for Social Security Disability , my wife FINALLY met with a SSD Dr today .

She was there for three hours and said they would have have an answer for us in on to two weeks .

She will not be able to help me at all .

So sad .

I have my daughter, and several FORUM members πŸ™πŸ» who have offered to help , and friends .

My wife has advanced Parkinsons and it is painful to see the love of my life this way . 😟

I go in for surgery @ 0730 tomorrow, and have no idea what will happen after thatΒ 

Thanks everyone, for your support and it is all in Gods hands at this point .

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈ

• Like 3

1 hour ago, THE OUTLAW said:

After 15 months of waiting for Social Security Disability , my wife FINALLY met with a SSD Dr today .

She was there for three hours and said they would have have an answer for us in on to two weeks .

So sad .

I have my daughter, and several FORUM members πŸ™πŸ» who have offered to help , and friends .

My wife has advanced Parkinsons and it is painful to see the love of my life this way . 😟

I go in for surgery @ 0730 tomorrow, and have no idea what will happen after thatΒ 

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈ

We are all praying for you Ralph......and your Family....

15 hours ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Hey Ralph, enough about you; how was your wife's recovery from the shoulder surgery? Because she is going to be a big part of your recovery!Β 

So sad .

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈ

13 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

So sad .

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈ

Best of luck tomorrow, you’re in my prayers Ralph and so is your wife. Know exactly what you mean watching the love of your life being as she is. Heartbreaking to say the least. πŸ˜’πŸ™fin

Β