Flyswap interest?

Benzo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds great Charlie, Claire, and Mark. Lets make the deadline for the flies to be sent to the swap coordinator (I'll probably end up doing it) by Sept. 1st. This way we can have the flies sent out before the OT. We'll close off the list August 21st or when we have up to 8 people signed, whichever comes first.

Heres the list:

1. Benzo

2. TwoJs

3. ForgettoRemember

4. Tokengirl

5. CharlieJohnson

Tie up 6 to 8 redfish flies depending on amount participants (all same pattern, could be different colors or weights if you like). Send the flies to the coordinator and once coordinator receives all the flies, I will split them up and send you all back each an individual package with 1 of each tier's pattern. Let's keep it simple.

This is optional, but you can also write a little bit about the fly you are tying (how it moves, why the use this material, how to fish it best, etc...), I will photograph the flies, put a little story behind them, and put them up both here and on Saltyshores.com. Since there will be 1 fly extra (as you probably won't want me to mail you back your own fly), I may even do a little tank test at the pool to test sink rate, the way the hook rides, and how it moves in the water.

I'll just need everyone to send me an Email so that I can reply with the mailing address. HonB3nzo@aol.com

This should be fun. Maybe I can get ABSam involved to get some underwater video/photos during the tank test.

Hey Benzo, sorry I didn't see this swap before this evening. But if one more is not too much and a spoon fly would be ok, I'd like to join in.

Besides, I know these work in Cajun country I'd like to see if reds hate them everywhere.

I understand if you decide to keep it small...I'll try to catch the next one.

P7290071.jpg

P7290069.jpg

P7290063.jpg

P7290078.jpg

edit...

Heres the list:

1. Benzo

2. TwoJs

3. ForgettoRemember

4. Tokengirl

5. CharlieJohnson

6. Newman

7. River1

8. Mark Nicholl

9. Capt. Van

Van, I'll make one exception for you if nobody rejects. Lets close this thing off as soon as I get final confirmations from everyone via email...

HonB3nzo@aol.com

I wish I could participate. There are many talented tiers on this board. Every fly I have ever received from the swaps has been awesome.

Unfortunately, my fly tying stuff, as well as my rod making stuff, is in Hickory,NC and I am in St. Simons Island, GA.

We haven't had a chance to move it down here yet.

Can't wait to see the pics.

Archived