Center Console Shaking

stosiak

On 6/16/2022 at 8:51 PM, masterfisher said:

holy crap!! seen a post on THT of cracked stringers on a newer boat, another post of a t top ripping off and now a console??!!?. Cant believe something can happen like this on a brand new boat. my boat is 15 years old and is as solid as a rock!! i love my Bayfisher

Sounds like your bayfisher was a win, capt.

Thanks for the video Snow. I would be happy with your set up. I talked to the dealer today and was told the rep was there for a boat show and my salesman showed him my problem. He said they will probably send it back to the factory this winter to fix the issue. He told me to use it for the season. I live in Michigan so I'll fish till November. Not looking forward to waiting for the boat to get serviced and having her opened up like a tin can. I redone a lot of the wiring as it was a mess when I got it. I think it was wired for a Yamaha motor and I ordered a Mercury, so they had to rewire it. I've had nothing good come from this new build. I researched this boat  for over a year before I ordered it. Was told in the beginning by the factory that they would install several things like 2nd bilge pump. thru hull in front of step ect. as they built it. That never happened because of labor shortage I was told. So I did everything myself. I'm a little frustrated as you can tell. Ordered a boat Jan 2021 then the factory changed hands, finally got the boat December 23 2021. They had computer problems so my order got mess up. Then the Covid nightmare. I sure hope that in can be repaired  without damage.

• Sad 2

Sto, that is really a sad story. Sorry you have been put into this situation. Hope any wiring you have done does not bring up a wty. issue. Don’t understand why their waiting so long to do the repair. You would think the sooner the better as not to create additional issues, problems best of luck to you and please keep up posted 😀👍🙏fin

• Like 2

I would NOT be waiting for a call from my dealer. I would be on the phone immediately to the factory demanding a *** good answer for this. There is no way in the world this boat was put together properly. The prices they are getting for these boats is not being reflected in recent quality leaving the factory. 

On 6/22/2022 at 8:13 PM, HoneyB said:

Skip retired. 

Skip would have definitely helped with this console shaking problem.....I can’t believe they said to keep fishing the boat ??? 

How about product liability and people safety.....that’s now how that boat group was operated in the past.

On 6/21/2022 at 9:56 AM, fin-addict said:

Sto, that is really a sad story. Sorry you have been put into this situation. Hope any wiring you have done does not bring up a wty. issue. Don’t understand why their waiting so long to do the repair. You would think the sooner the better as not to create additional issues, problems best of luck to you and please keep up posted 😀👍🙏fin

I can’t believe it’s the same MBG that we have been doing business with for 40 years. 😳😳😳

• Like 1

The acquisition may turn out fine, but like many buyouts they always tout that current management will remain. Historically if any of the management had some ownership they are very short lived, major payday and magically 6-12 months later they are no longer involved (aka spendmore time with family, time to move on, take the money and run etc).

My post from Jan 13, 2021, hate to say I told you so.

• Like 3

Actually the only answer the op has to this point is from some area rep. I would ask him to escalate it, or ask for the dealership to escalate the issue directly to HQ. if they do not think this is a safety issue that should be dealt with with haste, then gather the pitchforks and head over to THT and join in the 2300 bash pathfinder thread! 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 7:17 AM, redzone1 said:

I hate to see the quality of these new boats not reflect the price they are getting.  When the time comes for me get another boat I will be looking for something built no later than 2019.  

You are 100% correct...with the new PF’s prices equivalent to Yellowfin or Young Boatworks....one would think the quality would improve.  There are a few other boat manufacturers that have stepped up their game also. Only time will tell. My PF 2009 year model 2200XL is built like a tank, so I’m holding for now.

01542E34-C056-475A-A79F-BB528CA5403F.jpeg

My 03 2200v rock solid and all hatches fit fine. If buying new I would look at YF and Young. Been on a Young and very impressed with it. Friend of a friend has had several YF and now looking at a 31’ $$$$$$$. Way out of my league. Lol.  Seems like many problems and quality issues with the Pathfinders since 2019 sorry to say.  JMHO. Fin 😀👍

• Like 1

Called Pathfinder customer support today and talked with Steve he told me he would fly out to Michigan next weed to have a look. He assured me that I would be taken care of. Now the waiting game. 

On another note there was a new 2300 HPS at my dealer getting prepped with the same issue as mine so I took more pictures.

• Confused 1

I have had two Pathfinders (20 and 24) two Mavericks ( a 15 Hp-x and a 17 HPX-V ) and now a 16 Redfisher ( which I love) and all of these boats  ( 2003- 2010) have been rock solid . The HPS 2300 is a boat I was considering when I decided to go from two boats to one ( large bay boat and flats boat ) to hybrid bay/flats offshore . All the issues with the HPS 2300 led me to have an Egret Moccasin 2100 built . Hopefully MBG will fix their obvious issues.