Catch of the day (pictures)

HoneyB

So for the last several years , we have been making numbers , and have been killin critters , on the regular.

Last week , we went there and were surprised to see about 30 Cobia there .

Outgunned , we vowed to return.

Hopefully , I am not jinxing myself , but on Saturday, we will be bringing guns to a gunfight !  🙏🏻

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

PATHFINDER 23 HPS

• Like 2

Let me guess the daughter was probably the first one who jumped at the chance. I have a 19 year old daughter turning 20 in a couple months and wants a flats boat. Every time we talk boats she brings up the Redfisher I sold for the bay boat. She grew up on it and had good times, as did I.  And the hunt continues for the flats boat!

Good stuff WWU. Those kids grow up quick, so enjoy!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Let me guess the daughter was probably the first one who jumped at the chance. I have a 19 year old daughter turning 20 in a couple months and wants a flats boat. Every time we talk boats she brings up the Redfisher I sold for the bay boat. She grew up on it and had good times, as did I.  And the hunt continues for the flats boat!

Good stuff WWU. Those kids grow up quick, so enjoy!

Hah, you nailed it. My son asked first but my daughter overheard and demanded a spot.  It was cold, but when we headed for the ramp and she found out we were calling it a day, sge burst into tears.  Broke my heart!

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Costa Rica

I lived there from 1990 to 1993....I had a buddy who was in charge of Gerber Purees for baby food.  He had an Egg Harbor and we'd spend many weekends over in Puntarenas.....we'd spend 3 days and two nights on the boat.  We'd load up a 100 gallon bladder of extra fuel for the bow...and run and gun....I'd come to the USA on business on a regular basis and carry back a few hundred lbs of pre-rigged baits from Baitmasters in Miami and we'd rig our own, depending on the bite.

Nothing better than seeing a flock of birds off in the distance and the water boiling....grab a few plugs and hang on.

35-40 lb  Mahi, Tuna and lots of Sails.

I finished 7th in the National Tournament back in 1992....our boat would normally  release over 30 sails in two days.....

DC

• Like 2