Catch of the day (pictures)

HoneyB

Good gosh, that is NOT okay to post pics like that on this forum, Southern!  There are KIDS on this forum!  Do you know what pics like that can do to an adolescent?  It will make them grow up like us!  Sheesh, have mercy on us and those innocent kids, man!  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thanks, trying to make a better effort to take more action shots out there. Also the first 2 came from someone with a real camera on the boat.

Those are a good reflection of how it’s been the past month or so. Tailers in the creeks and floating fish on the higher water flats.

I saw water temp hit 70 here in SC yesterday 

• Like 1

This time it WAS about the fish!  Finally did a more serious dawn patrol trip with my son.  The striper were hungry. Multiple doubles, and a red tag $100 fish to boot!  Biggest fish was 26.5 caught by my son, but I more than doubled him in numbers. 10 total fish, 2 came unbuttoned, and many many more missed hooksets.  Not a bad couple of hours, and still back in time for school and work. 

IMG_1676.jpeg

IMG_1679.jpeg

IMG_1681.jpeg

IMG_1684.jpeg

IMG_1673.jpeg

IMG_6007.jpeg

IMG_6004.jpeg

IMG_6003.jpeg

IMG_6002.jpeg

IMG_5998.jpeg

IMG_5995.jpeg

• Like 4

Snuck out alone to do some trout scouting, up here in NC trout have a very different level of respect than they do in FL and are a very different animal.  Found them and spent a few hours just trying to be quick enough on that subtle “tick” to get a decent hookset.  Managed 19 mostly spikes but got a limit of keepers.  Easily missed 3x as many as I caught.   Found a little redfish too whose bite was anything but subtle. 

I always prefer to take my kids, but sometimes a dad-only trip is a good way to unwind without pressure to find fish.  What a day!  Had my helper ready for me when it was time to filet!

IMG_6066.jpeg

IMG_6067.jpeg

IMG_6068.jpeg

IMG_6070.jpeg

IMG_6073.jpeg

IMG_6071.jpeg

IMG_6075.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Been fishing all week of the vacation so far.  Took each of the kids and had a blast with them.  Amazing how much they are growing up, and each trip was markedly different based on which child was with me.   No pics of the first few days, picked at spike trout and only managed one keeper each day.   Yesterday I took my oldest son for a quick trip before (his) work.  Got into some really nice striper, none under 25 inches.  Found a little red also.  Dropped my son off at the ramp at 10 and picked up an old buddy and back out we went, chasing fish on a different tide and different conditions.  I lost two nice fish that came mysteriously unbuttoned, but my buddy managed  two beautiful, drag screaming reds.   

3 consecutive days on the boat caught up to me today and I stayed home to do overdue chores.  Great start to the week!

IMG_6132.jpeg

IMG_6134.jpeg

IMG_6136.jpeg

IMG_6141.jpeg

IMG_6138.jpeg

IMG_6143.jpeg

IMG_6146.jpeg

IMG_6148.jpeg

IMG_6151.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...