What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

Every light on my trailer works again . . . for now.  Man, I feel like I just did this, but had to replace one entire side and one light on the other.   Probably need to replace the entire harness, but it was in decent enough shape for this round.  How long are you guys getting on your tail lights?  My last round got water intrusion and died.

Also grabbed a mushroom anchor for the back of the boat, some parts to tie down the cooler with easier removal, and a throwable PFD.  

First round of glass and firing on the console, filled in some old switch, gauge, and plenty of screw holes.

0575BA85-5BB3-46F6-BACE-0B3CD2CACB04.thumb.jpeg.d194ad0b5fe1b42f42dcade64a6cf927.jpeg

Rub rail, power pole, one trip tab and some hardware back on. Hatches got their final coat and will go back in the next few days.
FD10D2DA-D152-45D0-BF24-EF788CD85B60.thumb.jpeg.2835cea60d8822c355d78d9ab9cbf682.jpeg

Inside view. I put some of the Eva faux teak pattern in on the gunnels and was actually impressed with it. I would say it is below seadek but above hydro turf and the others I have used in initial quality.

CD7FB92E-3E9F-418E-A015-2CD38602ACD9.thumb.jpeg.55f6504dbeaafd01f5672d297624c3ac.jpeg

• Like 3

Still a little back and forth on the Suzuki 150 or 140. Was sold on the 150 and the guy from Outboard Specialties said the best motor for the boat is the 140. Right now Im set on the 140. Going to put some sand bags on the cowling today and see what the extra 80#(difference between Yam 150 carb vmax and 150 Zuke) will do to my draft. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shallowminded6 said:

Still a little back and forth on the Suzuki 150 or 140. Was sold on the 150 and the guy from Outboard Specialties said the best motor for the boat is the 140. Right now Im set on the 140. Going to put some sand bags on the cowling today and see what the extra 80#(difference between Yam 150 carb vmax and 150 Zuke) will do to my draft. 

IMO, the guy at Outboard Specialties is right on.  The Zuke 140 is the perfect size and weight for a Redfisher 18.  At 520 LBS, the Zuke 150 is 126 LBS heavier than the Zuke 140.  Are you going to have a jack plate?

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

Every light on my trailer works again . . . for now.  Man, I feel like I just did this, but had to replace one entire side and one light on the other.   Probably need to replace the entire harness, but it was in decent enough shape for this round.  How long are you guys getting on your tail lights?  My last round got water intrusion and died.

Also grabbed a mushroom anchor for the back of the boat, some parts to tie down the cooler with easier removal, and a throwable PFD.  

I had a set of optronics led trailer lights that lasted over 2 years until I sold the boat. I fish about 180-200 hours (on my motor) a year, so they get dunked a lot.

3 hours ago, Shallowminded6 said:

No jack plate the hull is a 2000 Hewes Light Tackle 18 (CAD hull they turned into the Redfisher). So the numbers I got for weight from the mfg are as follows.  

140:  #396 + fluids and prop

150: #474 + fluids and prop

(Current) Yamaha 150 V max Carbed: #418 plus fluids and prop hence the #80 weight to try out. 

Cool, your weights from the manufacturer may be more accurate.  I got those weights from the specs posted on the Suzuki website.  150 hp, 20" shaft, was 511 LBS mechanical shift, 520 LBS drive-by-wire.

No jack plate would make installing a 150 more do-able.  I'll bet it would scream with a 150SS, 2.00:1 gear ratio.  But it would have some serious stern squat and several inches more draft.  Fun to think about though!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, geeviam said:

Cool, your weights from the manufacturer may be more accurate.  I got those weights from the specs posted on the Suzuki website.  150 hp, 20" shaft, was 511 LBS mechanical shift, 520 LBS drive-by-wire.

No jack plate would make installing a 150 more do-able.  I'll bet it would scream with a 150SS, 2.00:1 gear ratio.  But it would have some serious stern squat and several inches more draft.  Fun to think about though!

Mistyped. Not from the mfgr but the dealer quote with basic motor info on it is where I got those numbers. I also read the numbers you have which has been what has me spinning a bit. Thinking it might be with and without fluids/prop.  Got mid 50’s out of my Vmax. Was a great motor. Thanks for all the input, I do appreciate it. I am still on course for the 140. Hope I dont lose too much speed. We shall see soon!

• Like 1

Took my boat down yesterday and had it derigged. 2 hours down, hats off to you guys in the south southeast FL. That drive sucked! Complete stop on 95 4 times and there wasnt even a wreck. Gotta do a little work while the motor is off. Getting a transom metal cap replaced that was corroded. Gotta get it built and painted(leaning towards awlgrip unless someone can talk me out of it?). Then the 140 goes on. Got the deal squared away yesterday. Will update as I find out more and do a review of the shop I am using and the Hull/engine combo as I couldnt find any out there. I know the transom cap piece Whichwaysup was also inquiring about. Going thru T-N-T Custom Boat Works in Ft Pierce. FL. Looks like my platform might be tall enough without raising fingers crossed. If not thats next. Any ideas what it costs to extend a platform if it doesnt fit? 

• Like 2

On 2/16/2020 at 1:07 PM, whichwaysup said:

Hey WWIU, where did you order your trailer tires/rims? Searched for about 45min trying to see where you posted it. 

1 step closer to having the boat up and going. Got the old 5200 that was caulked around where the engine mounted and where the transom cap was mounted cleaned off. Took allot longer than I figured with a razor blade, some acetone and a sore elbow. The splashwell angle piece and the console door frame removed and taken to the shop. T-NT customs in Ft Pierce said they could salvage the old ones. So having them powder coated. Got the Hewes motor mount plate off and going to get it cleaned up and polished. Got the transom and splashwell wetsanded and waxed. Looks like she might live another day!

8AD8ADAA-B92B-4EDB-95C7-F2AB38EAFF57.jpeg

C731C13C-AC71-42C7-8818-7DC14D2F1B4B.jpeg

B462A754-69B9-47C6-BD0B-6D638BA6AA5E.jpeg

• Like 1