What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

1 hour ago, SouthernWake said:

What’s next?

Looked at several Pathy's from 2000-2005 2200V models, also looking at a 2019 Key West 210 BR w/200.  Wife is thinking go new since it will be our only purchase from here on out.  Warranty is looking good on the KW lifetime hull and 5 years on the Yamaha.

Edited by RacerxV6
addition

3 hours ago, RacerxV6 said:

Looked at several Pathy's from 2000-2005 2200V models, also looking at a 2019 Key West 210 BR w/200.  Wife is thinking go new since it will be our only purchase from here on out.  Warranty is looking good on the KW lifetime hull and 5 years on the Yamaha.

Sounds good, enjoy the shopping it can be fun!

3 minutes ago, SouthernWake said:

Took the boat out for some flood tide fun 

Thanks SouthernWake,  I kinda figure if I am willing to hit the mid to upper 40's, i can afford to look at some newer pathy's as well.  Not something I am going to jump right on. Figure I have time with everything going on.  Luv the pics you attached.....

9 minutes ago, Coto said:

Awesome pic! How cool, from the waters of the Everglades to the marshes of So. Carolina. You did a great job on her. But you should have left the red cross mosquito sticker on it...lol.

I think the boat has a cool story. I have a lot of anglers that really like it and love that it’s an older boat that has been rehabbed and is still going strong. To me it has a lot of character even if it isn’t perfect and brand new. 

It’s funny you mention the sticker, I tried my hardest to save it when I took it off the console but it was so weather it cracked in half. I still have it above my work bench. If you know where I can get another I would like to put it back on...for continuity.

40 minutes ago, SouthernWake said:

I think the boat has a cool story. I have a lot of anglers that really like it and love that it’s an older boat that has been rehabbed and is still going strong. To me it has a lot of character even if it isn’t perfect and brand new. 

It’s funny you mention the sticker, I tried my hardest to save it when I took it off the console but it was so weather it cracked in half. I still have it above my work bench. If you know where I can get another I would like to put it back on...for continuity.

I have a couple I gave blood at ENP Flamingo Red Cross decals still on things sure would like some new ones for the truck and boat but could not find new ones . If anyone has a place to purchase some please let me know . Joe R 

On 4/6/2020 at 11:02 AM, RacerxV6 said:

Warranty is looking good on the KW lifetime hull and 5 years on the Yamaha.

The KWB BR series hulls are very well designed.  However, the hull warranty is 10 years and covers structural only.  IMO, the most important feature that gives Pathfinder the edge over KWB, is the quality of the resin and gelcoat.  KWB can talk all day about full foam injected floatation, but the truth is that the foam (and hull) will eventually become water-logged and gain weight due to water intrusion passing through the polyester resin and gelcoat.  Pathfinder (and Maverick) on the other hand, is made with 100% vinyl-ester resin, which is much stronger and more waterproof than the less expensive polyester resin.

2 hours ago, Coto said:

When ever I get down to Flamingo again I’ll check the marina store and see if they still exist if they do I will get both of you a couple and mail them out.

Last time we where in flamingo I asked the girl running the register and she looked at me like what are you talking about . If you see them I would really appreciate it . When fishermen and women from other areas look at the decal and read it ,it usually starts a interesting conversation.   Thanks Coto let me know if you get a few .  Joe R 

15 hours ago, geeviam said:

The KWB BR series hulls are very well designed.  However, the hull warranty is 10 years and covers structural only.  IMO, the most important feature that gives Pathfinder the edge over KWB, is the quality of the resin and gelcoat.  KWB can talk all day about full foam injected floatation, but the truth is that the foam (and hull) will eventually become water-logged and heavy due to water intrusion passing through the polyester resin and gelcoat.  Pathfinder (and Maverick) on the other hand, is made with 100% vinyl-ester resin, which is much stronger and more waterproof than the less expensive polyester resin.

Geeviam,  I will do my due diligence as I am making this my only purchase for something this large.  I did read a brochure about the 10 year hull warranty, but according to the sales person he explicitly stated lifetime on hull, not including the cap because I questioned that.  I asked several times are you sure!!! his response was yes.  Before I commit I will make sure I have it in writing if I go the KYB way.  Thank you for the knowledge on the poly as opposed to the vinyl-ester resins.  I will keep that in mind also.

• Like 1

sewed abrasion patches into the first of a three piece boat cover and put the last few darts in the lower rim to tighten up the perimeter.  Hoping to finish this center section up tonight by putting a little shape in the outer bottom edges and finishing the edge banding (red and green on the sides so I can identify which way the cover goes on quickly).

49751445471_5e34e61da3_b.jpg

49751775487_18d58a33f7_b.jpg

49750907078_b8fc918b60_b.jpg

• Like 1

finished my middle boat cover yesterday.  It's got a few little odd puckers in it but I'm happy with it.  It is tight fitting and easy on.  I'm waiting for more Top Gun fabric to show up since I poorly miscalculated how much I needed.  Once I get the cover complete, onto some real cleanup of the boat including foam decking and new upholstery.
49762399552_b26b5e7dbb_b.jpg

49762399652_606bc4e96b_b.jpg

49758207313_24e0d6d451_b.jpg

49758206838_83e10031da_b.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JakeK said:

finished my middle boat cover yesterday.  It's got a few little odd puckers in it but I'm happy with it.  It is tight fitting and easy on.  I'm waiting for more Top Gun fabric to show up since I poorly miscalculated how much I needed.  Once I get the cover complete, onto some real cleanup of the boat including foam decking and new upholstery.
49762399552_b26b5e7dbb_b.jpg

49762399652_606bc4e96b_b.jpg

49758207313_24e0d6d451_b.jpg

49758206838_83e10031da_b.jpg

Looks great. Thats an awesome skill to have. How hard is it seweing that stuff together and figuring out your pattern etc.?