What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

40 minutes ago, jh141 said:

Normally I would say that looks like fun, But in this Heat, that looks like a chore.  

As you can see I am working inside the boat, the shading material missed the lower unit by "That Much!" Water pump and all new seals before I start my family vacation in mid-June, found water in the gear case.  Rather catch it now before a blown gear case! Add it to the list! Yeah me!:|

• Like 2

On 5/22/2024 at 4:41 PM, RacerxV6 said:

As promised. Drained oil, replaced filter, installed drain plug with new washer. Added approximately 3.38 qts. Ran her for 5-10 minutes. Shut her off then raised her for 5+ minutes. Lowered her to level checked her and her are the results. What strikes me as you all as well probably is that it was at least a qt low. Only thing I can figure is that when I did this last year I didn’t perform it correctly. I will check in 1 month to see where level is

IMG_1014.jpeg

IMG_1015.jpeg

That oil level is fine.... Yams oil change / check procedure basically says add recommended amount, do the check and as long as the oil level is within the marks its supposed to be on the dipstick your good.  Never seen a dipstick like that one tho... usually its 2 holes in the stick, but Id guess that cross hatched portion is the acceptable range it should be in

On 5/22/2024 at 4:41 PM, RacerxV6 said:

As promised. Drained oil, replaced filter, installed drain plug with new washer. Added approximately 3.38 qts. Ran her for 5-10 minutes. Shut her off then raised her for 5+ minutes. Lowered her to level checked her and her are the results. What strikes me as you all as well probably is that it was at least a qt low. Only thing I can figure is that when I did this last year I didn’t perform it correctly. I will check in 1 month to see where level is

IMG_1014.jpeg

IMG_1015.jpeg

That oil level is fine.... Yams oil change / check procedure basically says add recommended amount, do the check and as long as the oil level is within the marks its supposed to be on the dipstick your good.  Never seen a dipstick like that one tho... usually its 2 holes in the stick, but Id guess that cross hatched portion is the acceptable range it should be in

So we went from this ................

IMG_6132.JPG

To this ......................

IMG_6155.JPG

Then I asked my brother-in-law mechanic if he will wash my motor after getting it all greasy as a joke, then he points to my wife who was minding her own business and says that's her job! I said that's not happening, then he says, my wife, my wife's sister, and said she does it!

Moral to this this story: my wife and I are still happily married!:D

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Bayfisher Bliss

poling platform with two spinning rod holders and an incorporated swim platform and three step stainless steel ladder ,with brushed Mocha 6mm SeaDek .

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

IMG_2917.jpeg

IMG_2918.jpeg

IMG_2920.jpeg

IMG_2921.jpeg

IMG_2919.jpeg

Someone keeps their Bayfisher in pristine condition!   Says a lot about you that someone who clearly takes so much pride in their boat brings it to you to make it even better.   

BTW, love them flags.

• Like 1

Does anyone with a riptide ever struggle with the height adjustment knob being hard to slide up and down?  I’ve been thinking of trying some graphite power to help with it sliding easier. But then again as soon as it gets wet I am sure it will stop working. What do you all do?  Been working o troller for last several days. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RacerxV6 said:

Does anyone with a riptide ever struggle with the height adjustment knob being hard to slide up and down?  I’ve been thinking of trying some graphite power to help with it sliding easier. But then again as soon as it gets wet I am sure it will stop working. What do you all do?  Been working o troller for last several days. 

Minn kota recommends pledge believe it or not and it works!

• Like 2