What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

On 8/3/2020 at 10:39 AM, SKINNY DIPPIN said:

FYI I've switched to Y10 Gel, way more effective and user-friendly! The best I've found. 

1605.jpeg

Last week a boat detailer told me to use  1/2 and 1/2 solution of hydrogen peroxide and toilet bowl cleaner. Just as you report the Y-10 is user friendly, he said the same regarding his suggested mix. He laughed at me and told me he hates using the MaryKate On/Off because it is so caustic and the fumes. 

I let it sit all forlorn this weekend.  Was supposed to go chase some Bull reds 2 hrs north, but we have been having a pattern of long trains of thunderstorms and that area was supposed to get hit.  Decoded to punt and spemd the Saturday with the family instead, but couldnt help checking the radar.  Stupid storms never materialized and I heard great reports from those who went.   

I suppose there should be a thread called "what DIDNT you do with your boat today".   

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mdemott said:

Looks great. What type of prep work did you do to the wheels before painting?

I sanded with my little palm sander with 120 grit and did some hand sanding here and there. Not gonna lie they are not perfect but if I had gone to the trouble of breaking down the tires and such I would have just bought new rims. I just wanted them to look somewhat better. 

1 hour ago, smilemaker said:

Racer, looking good, I would put a spacer between the board and the wall when you mount it.

If the mount hit the wall it will be hard to line it up and get a pin in there.

Thanks smiler maker,  going to get 4 1/2 thick discuses you mentioned.....should work perfect...

Took a kid and his dad fishing on it who had never really been before.  Kid has the bug somethjbg terrible and this is going to be the most expensive free guided fishing trip his dad has ever had.  Never seen a kid go from mild mannered and even kiel to raging, rabid, fishing machine so fast in my life.  In 3 hrs, he went from not knowing how to hold a rod to sling topwaters within inches of the bank from 50 feet away.  And on the ride home, when we broke 50 mph, He had a scarey gleam in his eye that  made me lock up the trailer that night.   

The first pic, he wouldnt touch his fish.  You can see the transformation at the end.   

Nothing finer than addicting a kid to the wild outdoors.

85242.jpeg

20200817_080153.jpg

85241.jpeg

20200817_072125.jpg

• Like 3

Tried out a foot control for the I-pilot TM, I can't stand trying to use that remote and also trying to fish.  Worked out very well although I'm still getting used to it, but it is easy to install and use.  Was able to chase down some Jacks busting bait at the top and fire off a couple shots over where they were busting and picked up two before they disappeared.  Very happy with it so far. 

• Like 2