What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

3 hours ago, fin-addict said:

That is one mean looking sled. All black including seadek will be a Monster. Love the seats.  80’s that’s just SICK. Congrats.  😀🙏 fin

Haha thank you sir!

Hoping for completion around august 1st (motor is 4 weeks out now). Going to be a grind but I love the challenge and pushing the limits of what can be done.

hope you’re enjoying yours in good health 

Shane 

• Like 1

nothing, worked on truck.  Replaced crank position sensor, oil sending unit, cap, rotor, wires and ignition coil.  still won't start.  time to tear off the front and check chain.  the rotor turns but she won't start.  I need to check to see if she jump teeth.  the rotor may be off but I am tired now....beer thirty...

2 hours ago, RacerxV6 said:

nothing, worked on truck.  Replaced crank position sensor, oil sending unit, cap, rotor, wires and ignition coil.  still won't start.  time to tear off the front and check chain.  the rotor turns but she won't start.  I need to check to see if she jump teeth.  the rotor may be off but I am tired now....beer thirty...

Pull out the number one spark plug rotate the crank until Timing Mark is at zero TDC than check the the #1 piston is up all the way at TDC and the rotor is pointing to the #1 spark plug wire . If all three are in position it didn’t jump timing . If the are off put a gear and timing chain on it . If it did jump it may not be a good idea to keep cranking the motor . If it jumped the valve could open when the piston is up and a valve could hit the piston bending valves . 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dabear said:

Pull out the number one spark plug rotate the crank until Timing Mark is at zero TDC than check the the #1 piston is up all the way at TDC and the rotor is pointing to the #1 spark plug wire . If all three are in position it didn’t jump timing . If the are off put a gear and timing chain on it . If it did jump it may not be a good idea to keep cranking the motor . If it jumped the valve could open when the piston is up and a valve could hit the piston bending valves . 

Thanks dabear,  Ran out of time today.  Just finished changing oil pump and getting it all back together.  I currently have timing mark at TDC and number one is up.  Need to remove cap and check rotor, that was the plan after I finished the oil pump, but I am beat.  55 years old and laying on concrete for 6-8 hours hurts.....I'll report back...

On 6/28/2020 at 5:56 PM, dabear said:

You will figure it out . No need to replace anything until you pinpoint the problem get some rest it isn’t going anywhere . Good luck . 

She jumped time,  TDC, popped cap and rotor was pointing at #4 plug.....so I started the tear down

9 minutes ago, HoneyB said:

Improved on boat shade. Nice beach tent and Fiberglass poles with button latch rather than twist to extend. 

5C16E103-8B8A-45E9-8F43-8A9E166AEFD2.jpeg

1AE478B1-F337-4E3F-AF0C-2873F45B60EE.jpeg

That's awesome! Where did you source the polls and the canvas? Did you punch the grommets or did it come with them? 

The beach tent is a kit off amazon called neso. I did add two grommets with webbing to make a snug fit across the front. The poles are from Lowe’s. I had the thin twist to release before but they were not as rigid. These have a thick fiberglass base and a push button to extend to the next hole 

327C8703-4366-4CF8-8080-5641A4FBD321.jpeg

15EBD6DD-11C2-4E19-BFB1-20E4EB4D85FE.jpeg

Finally bite the bullet and installed a removable , telescoping swim ladder .

Fish box is still waterproof .

Had to get creative and make a nice starboard shim , to clear the trim tab .

Works perfect .

Garelick seems to make a really nice product .

Happy Independence Day !

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

STUPID PICTURE TURNEY THINGY

96E04E14-A7CB-45A5-B0EC-30F3266518EB.jpeg

45AD87F3-6304-4F5C-A937-234DEC763716.jpeg

00D56C00-1DA4-4B6C-A333-8963C03C7C68.jpeg

• Like 1

Not any pics. But trying to search down a smell of gas in my bilge after it has the cover on it for a day. No smell after being opened up. Hoping its just fuel lines or vent, as far as I know they are all original from 2000. Any ideas are welcome, especilly if they elude to a less expensive fix than cutting the deck!!