What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

Installed a new Lenco trim tab blade since the last one had the welds break and rip off my trim tab cover....... this new blade got drilled and thru-bolted on the hinge to ensure it doesnt do it again. Also replaced all the hardware and bushings on my powerpole, only cost $50 and the difference it made is impressive. No more sloppy moving around while driving or trailer and overall performance should be improved.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Fsu11 said:

Installed a new Lenco trim tab blade since the last one had the welds break and rip off my trim tab cover....... this new blade got drilled and thru-bolted on the hinge to ensure it doesnt do it again. Also replaced all the hardware and bushings on my powerpole, only cost $50 and the difference it made is impressive. No more sloppy moving around while driving or trailer and overall performance should be improved.

I had the same thing happen to my Maverick. Welds broke right where the hinge attached to the blade. I can tell you without a doubt that a Maverick HPX with a trim tab missing is the worst riding boat on the planet. 😆

• Like 1

10 hours ago, searing said:

Nice job! Like the white too. 

Hopefully when I get the hull bottom stain cleaned up, the white will blend in pretty good. I have a friend that added one to his seapro. He had some yellowing of the hull bottom, and when he used a quality hull cleaner, the white keel guard blends in pretty well.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MaxBluFin said:

Picked the boat up Friday, has the first 2 hrs of break in on her. Got to take it out for a run this morning with my old 4 blade 16 pitch from the 90 2 stroke which i know is to small. She ran 43mph  @ 6300 rpm and still had throttle left. Going to get a 4 blade 19 pitch. Jumps right on plane and runs. Can't wait to get it dialed in.Resized_20230623_185453.thumb.jpeg.b46dae2d6406a39ea8f3174be680dc4b.jpegResized_20230623_185526.thumb.jpeg.08fc812b1f4afe856d99ee525f6a14eb.jpeg

Beautiful rig. That blue is one of my favorites on the Hewes! 

6 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

Is she new?  Details?

Just the Sho, I've had her 13 years. Just upgraded motor.  2005 16rf had 90 2 stroke on it, had exhaust leak and decided to put new one on. Can't wait to get her all broke in, my mechanic did first 2 hours of break in, I put another 1.5 on her today, went I picked up new 4 blade 19 pitch prop. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MaxBluFin said:

Just the Sho, I've had her 13 years. Just upgraded motor.  2005 16rf had 90 2 stroke on it, had exhaust leak and decided to put new one on. Can't wait to get her all broke in, my mechanic did first 2 hours of break in, I put another 1.5 on her today, went I picked up new 4 blade 19 pitch prop. 

Congrats - nice setup!  Which 4-blade 19 did you buy?  Reason I ask is I had the same setup (2017 RF16 with a 115 SHO).  Almost every 4-blade I tried had to be 17 pitch.  I could only spin up a 19 pitch or maybe a 20 pitch with 3-blades.  Your 4-blade 16 pitch may have been worn down a little and lost some cup over time.  The only 19 pitch 4-blade I think would turn enough RPM for you would be a Merc Trophy Plus, but they are very hard to find.  Best 4-blade prop for a mid-size outboard, bar none IMO - and Merc stopped making them.  🙄

On 6/20/2023 at 4:51 PM, Tender said:

I had the same thing happen to my Maverick. Welds broke right where the hinge attached to the blade. I can tell you without a doubt that a Maverick HPX with a trim tab missing is the worst riding boat on the planet. 😆

yep! and funny enough my buddy brought his maverick on our trip to steinhatchee and sure enough two of the 4 welds were busted on one of his trim tabs and the other side you could see where they are starting to rust through... its a matter of time before they both rip off.

On 6/26/2023 at 1:22 PM, THE OUTLAW said:

Thought about selling it 🤕

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

NO!   Don't do anything stupid.  You are typing under the influence (of pain).  Make no serious decisions until after surgery.   I can think of a 1000 Vanford that will be grateful for a break, though!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/26/2023 at 7:09 AM, geeviam said:

Congrats - nice setup!  Which 4-blade 19 did you buy?  Reason I ask is I had the same setup (2017 RF16 with a 115 SHO).  Almost every 4-blade I tried had to be 17 pitch.  I could only spin up a 19 pitch or maybe a 20 pitch with 3-blades.  Your 4-blade 16 pitch may have been worn down a little and lost some cup over time.  The only 19 pitch 4-blade I think would turn enough RPM for you would be a Merc Trophy Plus, but they are very hard to find.  Best 4-blade prop for a mid-size outboard, bar none IMO - and Merc stopped making them.  🙄

I bought a turning point 4 blade 19 pitch, my 16 pitch was hitting Rev limiter with about 75% throttle. Haven't had a chance to run her yet with the new wheel as I am on call at work. If I don't get called this weekend I'll give her a try but if not it will be Monday when I'm off. I'll post up after we get her wet again. Turning Point does offer pitch changes on your dime for shipping so if I need to go to 17 I can change it out.

Ps. Stay tuned, I'm exited to see the results!!

• Like 1

Ten Year Tune Up.....just a tad late.

Timing Belt

8 internal Anodes

Complete Water Pump 

Thermostats

Spark Plugs 

and

100  Service

Oil and Oil Filter Change

Fuel Filter (on front of motor)

Spin on Fuel Water Separator Filter

Lower unit gear lube change.

Next is the VST Service, waiting for manifold gaskets.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, smilemaker said:

Racer

Is the orange box just a strainer to keep bait out.

I have often thought about something  similar but placing nitrogen filter material in the box to help bait stay healthy.

Yes, it does both it is filled with a bio filter material that traps the scales and helps with the ammonia 

• Like 1