What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

I never liked that the trailer that came with my boat when I got  it didn’t have forward bunks. When I would launch from ramps that are steep I had to be careful to not bring the boat up to far forward when loading until the trailer was more level to meet the front bow stop roller in the right spot. Today I added a forward cross member and the bunks. I haven’t set the bunk height yet. I have them locked a little low until time permits to set them right. I’d  welcome any advice of the best way and proper order or things to do to properly set them.

Thank you,

Dennis

34D243E9-737C-4651-8B61-B7EB8CD110B2.jpeg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

Only one, last you will buy. Ballzout. 100% worth every penny, amd thanks to Dino for putting me onto it. 

Sounds like a fish net I bought last year! 🤣

Thanks to you both. Not sure how I explain a $$ mfd mount to my better….

oh heck… Nevermind…..order placed!  😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whichwaysup said:

Only one, last you will buy. Ballzout. 100% worth every penny, amd thanks to Dino for putting me onto it. 

Ballzout for sure.  There is one or two on the market now that are close.  Look like same mount but with a few tweaks.  I have one on the bow holding a 16” Helix and one on the CC with a 12” Simrad.  They are solid in the worst chop.  Can mount to position in different configurations.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HenrysCreek said:

Sounds like a fish net I bought last year! 🤣

Thanks to you both. Not sure how I explain a $$ mfd mount to my better….

oh heck… Nevermind…..order placed!  😎

Balzout for sure. I just sold one I had a couple of weeks ago here. Was a 9” arm version. You won’t be disappointed with it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, searing said:

I never liked that the trailer that came with my boat when I got  it didn’t have forward bunks. When I would launch from ramps that are steep I had to be careful to not bring the boat up to far forward when loading until the trailer was more level to meet the front bow stop roller in the right spot. Today I added a forward cross member and the bunks. I haven’t set the bunk height yet. I have them locked a little low until time permits to set them right. I’d  welcome any advice of the best way and proper order or things to do to properly set them.

Thank you,

Dennis

34D243E9-737C-4651-8B61-B7EB8CD110B2.jpeg

I've always loaded bunk boards as equally as possible when replacing or resurfacing them more support the better

2 hours ago, George Seither said:

I've always loaded bunk boards as equally as possible when replacing or resurfacing them more support the better

Thank you, 

My trailer only had the rear bunks and nothing forward of that for the keel so there was a big open pocket that the bow could go into. On the steeper ramps the top of the rub rail would try to go under the bow stop roller if I went to far so I would have to stop short and use the winch to pull it the last few more inches after getting the trailer more level.  I'm thinking these forward bunks will stop that plus add much more overall support, specially since also have to remove the tongue and winch after it's in the garage to fit.

IMG_3690.jpeg

67504006695__1A609C18-7D84-4168-80AD-76A36CF3507C.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought a newer puller for my sled. I was totaled on I-85 on the way to work on my birthday. After everything was said and done and knew I was going to shorten my commute by almost 40 miles I started the search for a more reliable truck. Finally landed one this past week. 2019 Ram 4x4 Laramie. 

6C83C3B1-575C-4AE9-A701-1206E65197F3.jpeg

37B3D312-57A0-418A-AA2E-24405E14D200.jpeg

• Like 4

On 4/16/2023 at 10:18 PM, whichwaysup said:

Thanks for the call out, BUT, I found this out through other forum members as well....

They make a great mount and are easy to work with when determining the size.

$$$$....but, you only buy it once :)

dc

On 5/2/2023 at 12:14 PM, Flyboy said:
On 5/8/2023 at 8:52 PM, RacerxV6 said:

Bought a newer puller for my sled. I was totaled on I-85 on the way to work on my birthday. After everything was said and done and knew I was going to shorten my commute by almost 40 miles I started the search for a more reliable truck. Finally landed one this past week. 2019 Ram 4x4 Laramie. 

6C83C3B1-575C-4AE9-A701-1206E65197F3.jpeg

37B3D312-57A0-418A-AA2E-24405E14D200.jpeg

8 hours ago, RacerxV6 said:

Thanks WWU, drives like a dream, first pull is tomorrow to the lake....

You’re going to love it. My favorite truck of all time!  I’ve put 70k miles on mine and now looking for one with the 3.21 rear and eco diesel.

IMG_3359.jpeg

• Like 2

https://www.anglerproboats.com/22-hybrid/

I find this very similar to the new 24 foot Pathy with regards to the hull design. Some of the earlier boats, that were called Grande Bay had gel coat issues. My boat was built by the original owner of Angler boats who retired and sold the company to a South American Investment firm and they ran it into the ground and then the original owners son boat the company back and now it is called Angler Pro Boats.

I love my Ram…..but if I were to do it again (and I might), I’d buy the 3.0 EcoDiesel 3.21 with 33 gallon tank (and add Ram boxes).  Might = I’m looking for that specific unicorn now. I haul a long ways (Va to FL) and hate stopping several times for fuel. That air ride is awesome!  Rides like a Cadillac!